Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is it Necessary to have Laptop Fan

Portable Devices

Old 02-12-2010

Is it Necessary to have Laptop Fan

I took apart my Sony laptop. After putting back all, I forgot to plug in the fan then to plug it I apart my laptop again, but after plug in I noticed that my fan is doesn’t spin. It is frustrating to apart everything again, it is a weak fan so, do you feel AMD CPU overheat if the tiny fan doesn’t work? My machine temperature is goes to 57-58 maxes not more than this. Should I try to get the fan work again? Any suggestions on this will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-12-2010

Re: Is it Necessary to have Laptop Fan

I think that you should repair this fan again, because if you run your machine under load while playing game etc and if the components heat such as battery then I think that you should have to make your fan work. And if your CPU gets hot frequently, then it should spin the fan, if you not then it may cause very serious damage for your machine. So before any damages you should make the fan work.
Old 02-12-2010

You have an option for this that is you can also use laptop cooling fan for your machine. This external laptop cooling fan play vital role to control the heat of your machine, so that you don’t have to worry about tiny fan. Or of you works in office then you may have surrounded by air-conditioning, so it also helps you to keep machine cool. I am using cooling fan for my Acer laptop and its performing good. I will also advise you the same. I hope this information may help you.
Old 02-12-2010

I think that you don’t have to worry about this, may be you have heard about passive cooling for your laptop that is heatsink. Heatsink help you keep your laptop cool and ensure its long life, you can find heatsink in all laptops, it is a piece of aluminum that help to keep cool your laptop. If the temperature, inside the laptop get above 95°F then at this point the component begins to overheat and operates poorly. So don’t use the laptop till temperature gets high.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,