Thread: VLC new version for iPhone & iPod touch in the App Store

VLC new version for iPhone & iPod touch in the App Store

I am using an Apple iPhone 3GS and there are many media players tat I can use on this beautiful phone but as I have habit to use the VLC player on my desktop system, It would be better to have the same media player on my iPhone as well. I have heard the rumors about the new version of the VLC released for the iPhone. Can you guys exactly provide me the proper information about this new version as it is compatible with an iPhone 3GS or not. I have doubt that it would be supporting only for an iPhone 4. And how it works, I mean does it have a same effect as that of using it on the Desktop system?

Re: VLC new version for iPhone & iPod touch in the App Store

VLC for iPhone has just been made available on the App Store. This is a Universal application, compatible with iPhone (and iPad) and provided for free. The company that developed this version of VLC for IOS inidiqe that this first version of VLC for iPhone (and this update of VLC iPad) is more fluid in terms of video playback. However, Apple does not allow hardware acceleration for video playback applications for the App Store, video playback at 720p will be in optimal conditions. Only the iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 (as well as iPod Touch third and fourth generation) can run VLC for one simple reason: the iPhone V1 and 3G are not powerful enough to allow the decoding of most video formats supported OSes.

VLC Media Player, currently Ipad and available soon for iPhone will be offered for download for the iphone 3G and iphone 4. Yes, the processor apparatus Edge and 3G seem too "old" and lack of RAM, they will not be able to run the application properly. VLC media player developed by Applidium will be available shortly and will play any audio and video files (almost all), without going through the conversion. Remember however that the transfer of media to the iPhone for the VLC application, will still be using iTunes.

This iPhone version is not just a "carry" the grind iPad, but an update to a passage in 1.1. Thus, the application will improve performance and speed. According to Romain Goyet, Chief Technology Editor Applidium "decoding videos in this VLC version will be faster than 50%.." For example, the latency encountered during the launch should be greatly reduced or even disappear. On advantage of formats will also be supported.

No Edge or 3G compatible iPhone - The company responsible for porting the software on the smartphone Apple claims to have worked on the biggest user demand iPad: the ability to delete his videos in blends of the application without going through iTunes. Another new major, he will now be possible to open attachments in Mail or Safari VLC. The application does however bear the iPhone 3G and iPhone iPod generation 4 or equivalent. No compatibility with the iPhone Edge or 3G iPhone, "not fast enough," according to the publisher Applidium.

After version iPad proposed last September, it was the turn of the grind for iPhone to make its debut on the Appstore. VLC, the most popular free video player, and offers new playback formats hitherto impossible to decipher on smartphones Apple brand. Finally, DivX and Xvid will be available to owners of iPhone 3Gs. VLC will play by copying movies encoded on a PC or Mac. This is the French company that has insured Applidium portability of VLC on iPhone. Among the strengths of the program: the ability to delete videos without having to go through iTunes.