Thread: Blank screen at startup on Samsung X15 Laptop

Blank screen at startup on Samsung X15 Laptop

I have a Samsung X15 and suddenly here is that the startup screen goes blank. After 5 minutes still nothing. I'm thinking that maybe it's just the screen and behind it launches windows ms my router does not even detected. Thinking it was the screen, I tried to plug another screen but no reaction. So it may be the video card, but I did not beep (Well I do not know if it should beep). After multiple attempts (boot on battery, mains) when he arrived to start but the screen went black after the windows logo and the little loading bar. Another time he has posted 0 on the entire screen, and finally several times he also displayed vertical lines spaced blue and black behind. (When it displays weird things like that, the output on my other screen on). Here I try to identitfier failure.

Re: Blank screen at startup on Samsung X15 Laptop

The problem seems to be coming from the graphics card. To resolve this problem simply restart the laptop in Safe Mode by holding or pressing the F8 key at startup (before the Windows logo appears). After booting in to the safemode remove the graphics card driver, finally reinstall the latest driver (or one that worked previously). It may be that the pilot could not be installed in safe mode, in which case, simply restart the computer will load a generic VGA driver. The driver of the graphics card can then be installed! If this does not work, think to uninstall items recently installed before the crash!

A solution against the black screen at startup not found the net but on the book of my cellphone manufacturer Packard Bell: "RESET THE COMPUTER". How? Remove the battery, unplug power, support at least 10 seconds on the power button, replace the battery, reconnect the mains, press the power button. AND it works. After half a day of misery on the net and anxiety (motherboard? DD? And so on), the solution was there with an arm on my laptop. If it works for you too, pass the info.

My wife dropped her laptop (Dell Vostro 1500). Twice. Anyway, It Seemed to survive OK except for one stick of RAM That has never Been The Same. But, Lately the screen has-been going blank on her. Cold boot the computer and it works fine. After about 10 minutes or so the screen freezes for a second or and then black. Computer is still running. No beeps or strange noises. I can turn off the computer and restart and the screen lights up. The team seems set OK. No beeps and the Num Lock / Caps Lock indicators work so definitely not locked. If I wait a couple of hours then start as normal and I can get another 10 minutes or so outside. The screen used to work for longer, but now the screen run time is less and less. I used one of the monitoring software and CPU core temperatures were quite stable at 35 degree Celsius and 46 degree Celsius in the video was Is there a way to check the temperatures of the north bridge. Any suggestions on where to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

I can see why you want to associate this problem with the laptop being dropped, but the fact that he is citing to 10 minutes or therabouts makes me question whether the power settings have changed. Have you checked this? I realize you said no beeps when this happens, but it's worth troubleshooting. (Just right click on the icon of the battery or adapter icon and select "Power Options"). The hard drive itself or the case could also have been damaged in one or two falls. Or the investor who controls the power of the screen could have been damaged. Have you checked this with an external monitor.

I double-check the power settings. I do this while I'm working so I do not believe it. I have an external monitor. I plugged in after the screen had gone blank and did not work. I'll try again today starting from the computer will probably work for a while. I have an extra hard drive. I'll put it there and try that. Thanks for your suggestions. Does not really matter, I just mentioned to avoid any confusion.