Thread: Cannot start Acer Aspire, no dvd/cd

Cannot start Acer Aspire, no dvd/cd

From the last night, my Acer aspire ZG5 has stopped working. It is just showing me a blue screen with an error message. I cannot do anything on it. The error message that it is showing is as follows.
    stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x89889180, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
    I cannot understand this message as this is the first time I am seeing this. I tried to open the control panel by pressing alt + ctrl + Del keys but that is also not getting appeared. I don’t have DVD or CD ROM so install the OS on it. If you know that how can I solve it then please let me know. Thank you in advance for reading and responding to this problem.

Re: Cannot start Acer Aspire, no dvd/cd

Have you tried to start your computer in safe mode? If not then press the restart button on your machine and keep on pressing F8 key. This will show you the screen from where you will be able to select the option for safe mode. Select that and press enter. This will start the computer in safe mode. If it gets open in safe mode then just go to the restore facility in the windows and select the date when your computer was running fine. Restore the system to that point of time. It will take some time to restore according to your system configuration. Once it is completed then it will restart the system and you may get your system working.

If you want to install the Operating system again on your computer and as you told that you don’t have the DVD/CD drive then you can also do this with the pen drive. You need to have a 4 GB pen drive. You have to make the pen drive bootable. You may need to use the software called nlite. This will help you make your PD bootable. Insert that pd in your computer and make it the primary bootable device. This will boot the computer from PD and you will be able to install that.

Nlite can help you so install the OS but if you are not able to use that then you have two options to solve this. First one is to borrow any external DVD or CD ROM and connect that to your computer. Install operating system from that. If that is not possible then you can remove the hard drive from your computer and connect that to any other working computer and install OS from there. Once it is installed successfully then you can connect that back to your computer.

The best way to get the solution for this is to call the Acer support and ask them about this issue. They are the people who know that what can be the possible reasons for this and how can it be solved. Don’t try anything directly from your side because you may create more issues with it. This is the safest way to get the solution.

It can be due to virus attack on your computer. Have you installed any antivirus in your computer or not? If you have any then you can go to safe mode by pressing the F8 key and when it starts in the same mode then you can scan the entire system with that and clean all the infected files. Make sure that you are using an updated antivirus. Once you are completed with the scan then you can start your computer in normal mode. This will start it normally if it was related to virus.