Thread: Nokia N8 getting switched off

Nokia N8 getting switched off

Guys, I bought the new Nokia N8 phone last week. It was working fine for that week but after that it started showing some power problems. First day of this week, it started blinking and on very next day it started to get switched off. It happens automatically after 1 to 2 hours. I am missing my calls as it get switched off automatically. Can you tell me that what may be the problem with it and how can I solve this problem? Please suggest me. I need your help.

Re: Nokia N8 getting switched off

It may be the problem with the battery that you are using with the phone. It may not be able to hold the charge for a long time and that is why it is getting switched off. You can try the phone with a working battery or your battery with some other phone. If that is showing the same problem again then it will confirm that the problem is with the battery and you can buy a new battery and your problem will be solved.

I agree that it may be the battery problem and changing the battery may solve this. But as you told that you bought it recently, so I am quite sure that you must have the warranty card for that. Take your phone along with the warranty card to the dealer from where you bought the phone. Ask them for the issue. If they are not able to help you much then you can send it back to Nokia. They will fix the issue and if it has some major issues then they will replace it, as it is under warranty. This will be the best and the safest way to get out of this issue.

Do you have inserted memory card in your phone? I am asking this to you because it may be problem with the memory card that you are using. If your memory card contains some bugs or virus then it can affect your phones performance. If you want to check that then you have to remove the memory card from your phone and start your phone without memory card. Use it for 2 days and see whether it is showing you the same problem again. If it solves the issue then you will be sure that problem is with the memory card.

Connect your memory card to your phone with the help of card reader and format that completely. Now insert the card again back to phone. This may solve the issue for you.

There are some models of it having the shutdown problem. This is the problem from the production line. It has the problem with the power management. Many of the users who are getting the issues like this, tried to solve that on their own. But I would like to tell you that once it is opened then it will be out of warranty. The first thing that you need to do when this comes to you is to inform the Nokia. They will help and guide you in right direction.

It may be the problem with the firmware that is installed in your mobile. Check the version of it that you are using. If you have the outdated one then you need to update the version of it. Search on the internet for the latest firmware release. If you found any then install that to your mobile and this will solve the problem if it is due to outdated firmware.