Thread: Sony vaio pcg-21314w drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate

Sony vaio pcg-21314w drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate

I am currently using a sony vaio pcg-21314w and it is running with Windows 7 starter edition. My interest is to update with ultimate edition of Windows 7. But before installing it I have several doubts in my mind and I have to clarify them first. My first doubt is should I really have to install Windows 7 ultimate or just stay with starter? After installing Win7 ultimate can I run vaio updates? If the vaio updates is not possible then how can I get the driver software? Please provide me some useful information before upgrading my laptop.

Re: Sony vaio pcg-21314w drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate

I think that your sony vaio laptop will not handle the windows 7 ultimate. So it will be better if you stick with starter. As far as the driver issue concern you can try by running inbuilt driver applications which will automatically download the drivers for Windows 7 version if available. The tools are something like Driver Detective, Driver Rescue or Advanced Driver Optimizer.

I think that you can update to windows 7 in your Vaio laptop but you will get lot of issue after installing. I heard that some models of laptop do not work properly with windows 7 ultimate edition. You can find several drivers under Windows & but some small peripherals like webcam. Usb port, firewire port, speaker, LAN port, card reader etc in vaio still lacking in drivers for win7. So it is better to stay with current OS that came along with it when you first bought.

I think that you can find most of drivers under Windows 7. But don’t have much idea about its ultimate edition. I found that many users didn’t find either the keyboard driver or a graphic driver. Also the configuration of this laptop will not handle the performance and GUI of ultimate version. You can only find the XP versions of driver in Sony Vaio site.