Thread: What about the HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX laptop

What about the HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX laptop

Right now I am looking for a laptop which will fulfill all of my requirements. I am looking for a laptop which have feature of switchable graphic. I heard that the new HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX has this feature. But I don’t have much information about it. Also the laptop must not be over weighted and should be slim to carry along. I hope that this laptop will have all the requirements and a great value for money. If you know any good things about this laptop please let me know. In which field this HP laptop is more usable do you think?

Re: What about the HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX laptop

As I gone through several reviews about HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX laptop, I found that it has a powerful switchable graphic than other laptop. Yes it is also a slim and more or less light weight laptop as you said. It has good bright display screen which will enable you work even on daylight or sunlight. As far as the cost concern it is not a budget laptop or a high end laptop. The cost of this laptop is nearly 45000 to 48000 Indian Rupees. For those who spend most time on typing, the isolated keyboard will help then to work even proficient. The big touchpad is another great advantage for this laptop.

The HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX laptop is a mid range laptop for all kinds of users with an affordable price. The developer tried to make it as much as high end by adding modern hardware peripherals within a limited cost. The good thing is that you can get a new generation Intel core processor in it. The major hardware configuration of this laptop is as follows:
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • Intel Core i3-370M 2.4 GHz Processor
    • Intel HM55 Chipset
    • 3 GB DDR3 RAM (1 x 1024 MB + 1 x 2048 MB) and Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory
    • 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
    • SATA optical drive: LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer
    • 6-inch HD LED HP BrightView Display with 1366 x 768 resolutions.
    • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics (powerful and switchable) with 1 GB dedicated.

The HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX is a slim class laptop with a champagne Titanium Gold color and design of texture-grill. The weight of this laptop is only 2.45 KG. The lid end of the laptop contains a HP logo with backlight which will illuminate when the laptop is running. It has two powerful Altec Lansing speakers on the front side. On the top middle HP TrueVision webcam is fixed and it lies between two microphones.
    On laptop’s left side there are several ports and they are
    • External Monitor Port
    • RJ-45 (network) jack
    • HDMI Port
    • eSATA/USB combined port
    • USB port
    • Microphone jack
    • Headphone jack
    • SD card reader

On laptop’s Right side:
    • Security Cable Slot
    • Power Connector
    • AC adapter light
    • USB port
    • HDD light
    • Hibernate light
    • Optical Drive
    • USB port.

The HP pavilion laptop will stand for all kinds of users from a beginner to a professional, from a student to businessman. It is a complete package of windows 7 Home Premium along with several free softwares from HP itself. Included Software and applications are
    • Norton Online Backup
    • Symantec™ Norton Internet Security 2010 Consumer (60days live updates)
    • Motorola SoftStylus
    • Microsoft® Works (Only available in selected countries)
    • Office Trial: Microsoft® Office 2007 Home/Student (60 day Trial) (Only available in selected countries)
    • Office Ready: Microsoft® Office 2007 Pro (60 day Trial) Center (Only available in selected countries)
    • Windows Live applications
    • Cyberlink DVD Suite 7
    • Omnifone international music store
    • HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent (launched by console) (Gadget includes for US only)
    • HP Advisor
    • HP QuickWeb
    • HP ProtectSmart (HP 3D DriveGuard)
    • HP Power Plan Utility
    • HP Wireless Assistant
    • HP Support Assistance
    • HP Software Update
    • HP MediaSmart Music
    • HP MediaSmart Movie and TV
    • HP MediaSmart Video
    • HP MediaSmart Photo

The HP PAVILION DV6-3057TX is completely bundled laptop with a dimension of 37.8 cm (W) x 24.5 cm (D) x 3.08 cm (min H) / 3.6 cm (max H). You have to spend just 45000Rs/- and it came in packaged simple black box protected with some thermocol. The package include Charger-Adapter, Manual, polythin bag. The 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery gives impressive battery backup. There some small disadvantages which you should consider before buying. The laptop heats up when there is much load on it. In order access function key you should use another key like “FN+Alt+F4”. Other drawbacks like slim DVD-RW button, Tight USB and RJ-45 ports etc.