Thread: Confused between Fujifilm Finepix HS 10 and low end DSLR

Confused between Fujifilm Finepix HS 10 and low end DSLR

I am using Dilemma camera and I am planning to get new camera for me. Photography is not my profession but it is a passion and hobby of mine. For that I have decided to go with Fujifilm FinePix hs10 or a low DLSR after going through their reviews. I would like to ask you that which one will be the best? and also give me your suggestions on this. Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Re: Confused between Fujifilm Finepix HS 10 and low end DSLR

I think that you should go with hs 10 rather than DSLR because I guess DSLR is not suit for all the situations, you will have to carry one spare lens with you all the time and I think that they are useless. On other site hs10 is gem of the camera and better than DSLR. You can 10% of better quality than that of DSLR and image quality with high speed while taking raw photos; it uses nimah/alkaline batteries and not a rechargeable battery.

I am not agreeing to the above reply because I have used the same one, if you are looking for super zoom then I thinks that HS10 is not a good option for that. I was looking for manual zoom and focus ring, but then I realize that this camera is not having smooth manual zoom and focus ring of this camera is not mechanical that means it acts as ring shaped electronic button. And as far my knowledge DLSR is better than this. I will recommend you to go with this DLSR.

I have gone through the features and specification of both of these cameras and I think that DLSR is better than HS10. DLSR uses APS-C sized sensors it means you can fit around 13 sensors of the HS13 in one sensor. And if you use DSLR for taking a picture then I think that you will never have to use electronic shutters of other camera. Using DSLR you can get striking image quality it is all because of the large sensors and also capture shallow depth of field shots. I hope this information may help you.