Thread: Various modification and customization For Nokia N900

Various modification and customization For Nokia N900

I have just recently got the new phone of N900 and have no idea that how the phone is working down at the start. But now I have just got hold of the various systems that is being running on it and also the varieties of the application that can run on it. I have heard that the phone is working on the operating system of Maemo in it. I just want to get the information of the varieties of the modification and the customization that can be done on it. And also I wanted to get the various information that how the connectivity of the phone can be done with the Windows 7 operating system that I have been using it in my HP laptop.

Re: Various modification and customization For Nokia N900

I can give you the option to make use of the new firmware that has been launched called the PR1.2 and then you can just apply it to the system of Nokia N900, it is said to be the best of the firmware that you can just use when you are using it for the phone. And also it is said that many of the outstanding application can just run when the firmware is being updated in it. But the thing is that there is one drawback of Maemo or any of the Linux distort that you will use for the phone, which is going to lack the tool of the Windows in it.

The other option is that you can just make use of the Windows centric instruction and then you can just make the use of the PR1 firmware built the updates take a long time but is kind of beneficial when you are adding it to the system, that you are using . And when you are trying out the various use of the firmware at the start you have to flash the new firmware and then use it for the phone that you are using. Flashing is just getting the phone being done familiar with the system that you will make use in it.

For the above solution you would require to make use of the file of Maemo flasher- 3.5.2.5.2.2.exe that is the installation package for Windows 7, XP and Vista. And you have mentioned that you are using the operating system of Windows & so it won’t be issue for using this file for the flashing of the system of N900. And once when you have done the flashing you download the file and then save it to the Windows system in the location of C:\Program Files\Maemo\Flasher 3.5. And this installation can be done by just clicking on to the exe files and then just upload the corresponding files related to the modification or the customization in it.

You also have to check the various directories files that can be used along with it so that the various files and directories can be detected which can be used by you for the various customization options in the mobile phones. And also it is that you can just use the various files for the Windows Explorer and then just create the shortcut along with the N900 that is being used by you. And also make sure that all the files are being saved in the option of the explorer that the mobile is providing to you.