Thread: Unable to open a file using Adobe reader 9.3

Unable to open a file using Adobe reader 9.3

My LG desktop is installed with windows 7. I prefer using mozilla firefox as my default browser and i would like to know why i am not able to view my pdf files using the adobe acrobat reader. Recently an update ran over my coomputer saying that a new acrobat reader update available and i clicked update now. Please help me how to get this problem fixed. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to open a file using Adobe reader 9.3

Try going to Start then click Settings and get inside the Control Panel in the search for the Event Viewer and open it up. Here you will get an error file, it is created for you to check what are the errors. Look to see if there is anything like (unfortunately, the logs are created often not very helpful, but better to see sometimes these are really very helpful). Its better to uninstall the current version of the acrobat reader or try the latest version, Hope i have helped you.

Thank you very much for replying me my acrobat reader will no longer run, every time I want to open .pdf file is an error message the AcrRead32 an error has caused an error and the file is created. I have not found the error file yet. Even after multiple uninstallation , installation and even deletion even i have deleted the folder from the program files and even installing the older versions of Acrobat Reader has not helped.

It appears as the updates have corrupted the acrobat application on your system and hence i would suggest you to get the acrobat installation removed from your system and not only from the system it would be better to reinstall the internet browser in your case its mozilla firefox Reinstall Firefox and then simply find the acrobat addon and install the same on your browser and restart it. Now you can open up pdf file without any issues.