Thread: Problem with Maxtor 3200

Problem with Maxtor 3200

I have an external hard drive (Maxtor 6Y080L0) of 80 GB, and it turns out that when I connect the USB port of my two computers, I detect it because I get next to the clock symbol "safely remove" but when i go to my PC and then I cannot see the hard drive, so I can not get into it and it's as if I had not connected. Do you know what is the problem.

Note: I tested in windows xp professional and home and not going nowhere. I tried to get my drivers but I have not found. Maxtor on the web I have seen some drivers that are that model.

Re: Problem with Maxtor 3200

I have a lot of external hard drives. Unfortunately, it happens very often that I plug drives and they do not appear in My Computer. When I go to disk management I can see all partitions with drive letter. By right-clicking on the partition and then searching it on, I can even read from the drive but not copy anything on or from it. At first, it often got fixed after restarting.

I had this similar kind of issue but this does not help me at all, which is very rare, it sometimes helps to assign the drive a new letter. Do not ask me but why and why Sometimes it helps unplug and plug in again or plugging into another port. Whatever the reason, it is often better when I plugged into my USB (Universal Serial Bus) port not a sign board. Finally i got in to the system control / management / device manager / disk mananger. if the plate is displayed there, you should first create a drive on it. then it is also visible in the explorer.

Unfortunately I do not know what it is or how to fix this problem, but a solution is simply to the close of the explorer from the Task Manager processes and then stop the process. Then I go to applications and then New Task and run the Explorer again. And and behold the drives are back. Hopefully this will definitely help you to fix the issue.

I have a "Prestige Desktop Hard Drive" which is running with windows XP Operating System. I bought and installed a USB 2.0 card, but I still can not access the external hard drive. In Device Manager it appears, but not in the workplace. Can not find drive letter for me. Do you have an idea. Please suggest me a solution to fix this issue.