Thread: Battery problem in Acer Aspire 4740

Battery problem in Acer Aspire 4740

I was having Linux i.e. Ubuntu on my desktop. As the technology is changing day by day I have switched myself from the desktop to laptop of Acer aspire 4740. From last few months I am facing problems with the battery of my laptop. My laptop batter does not charge beyond 80 %. Also sometimes while connecting the charger it doesn’t charge. I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Battery problem in Acer Aspire 4740

You can fix the battery problem of your laptop by changing the power outlet. The power outlet that you are using to charge the battery might be damaged. If the power outlet is damaged then in that case you need to just change the power outlet and check the outlet by connecting it into the laptop. If the battery is charging then the power outlet is ok.

The battery might not be charging because there can be power flow into the system which might be interrupting causing the battery to remain uncharged. For fixing the problem of battery not charging you need to check all the cable connections such as power outlet plug, transformer box connection and the connection to the laptop.

Check the battery by removing it from the laptop to verify theta there is no debris around the battery or the cable connections. Also you need to check that the battery is inserted into the laptop is fitted properly. If the battery is still not working and if the warranty period exists then in that case you can replace the battery of the laptop with the new one.

From the above solution I have solved the problem of battery. Now my battery is charging when it is connected into the power outlet. Also the battery is charged up to 100 %. I want to increase the life of my laptop battery so that it can go a long way therefore I need a solution to increase the life of battery.

You can increase the life of battery very easily and in very few steps. You need to follow the below steps to increase the life of battery.
    1. You should defragment the hard disk regularly.
    2. You should dim the brightness of your screen.
    3. Shut down all the processes running into the background.
    4. You should unplug external devices from the laptop when not in use.
    5. You should upgrade the RAM in your laptop so that it speed ups the performance.
    6. You should clean the battery metal contacts clean.
    7. You should avoid starting multiple processes at a time.
    8. You should clean out the air vents so that it is your laptop remains cool.