Thread: Dell Laptops Sim card slots

Dell Laptops Sim card slots

Hello friends I have brought a new Dell laptop just few weeks ago and during this time I have to come to know each and every feature of this laptop. They are all really good like the password detection and camera and many more. The only thing that I didn't get is the Sim card slot in the laptop. I have read the manual and it wasn't mention any where about the Sim Card slot. Does these slots are only in some specific laptops or they are in all the laptops. Can any help me in knowing this stuff

Re: Dell Laptops Sim card slots

Hey, its true that not all the laptops have the slot for the sim card, there are only certain latest laptop models that have these slots inbuilt in it. Mostly the sim card slots are beneath the battery area of the laptop. Although I don't know about your Dell laptop because I don't know which Dell model have you brought so if you want you can check your laptops battery area and see if you are able to detect the slot.

Yes most of the laptops have the sim card slots are below the laptop battery and for that just like in the mobile phones where you have to first remove the battery and then you will be able to see the sim card slots. But thgis is very time consuming and you have to also turn off the laptop before accessing the sim card slot. To avoid this most latest laptops have their sim card slots where the usb and other slots are there. So the problem of switching off the laptop is certainly gone in this kind of laptop.

Hey thank you friends for the quick reply, I have found the sim card slots below the battery area of the laptop. I had removed my battery and when I looked beneath it I found the Sim card slot. This is exactly the way as there is Sim cards in mobile phones. Now I would want to know that what are the functionality that this sim card provides with the laptop, that is what can we do with this sim card on the laptop. Can any one help me to know about this matter.

Hey with the sim card facility that are there on the laptop you will be able to access the internet via the GPRS. So if your internet broadband connection is down and out then you can also make use of this sim card GPRS internet. Also, you can make phone calls uisng this sim card from the laptop using various application such as Skype etc. Also, you can store numbers in the sim card and then send sms's to all the contacts through the laptop. However you will be charged by some amount as decided by the operator.

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    Hey with the sim card facility that are there on the laptop you will be able to access the internet via the GPRS. So if your internet broadband connection is down and out then you can also make use of this sim card GPRS internet. Also, you can make phone calls uisng this sim card from the laptop using various application such as Skype etc. Also, you can store numbers in the sim card and then send sms's to all the contacts through the laptop. However you will be charged by some amount as decided by the operator.
    Hey guys, your discussion has been very informative, could you please give me details about the laptops with sim card facilities. Would be really thankfull.