Thread: View and record TV content on Compaq Presario CQ61

View and record TV content on Compaq Presario CQ61

I have just purchased a new Compaq Presario laptop last week. I have never used a laptop before this. I own a Compaq Presario CQ61 with Intel Dual-Core CPU @2.2Gh. I want to view and record TV content on my Laptop but I do not want to do it through internet. Is there a way to do this?if yes then please let me know about it. In how many ways I can do this…..

Re: View and record TV content on Compaq Presario CQ61

Hey you can do this by the help of TV tuners. TV tuners which are used for laptop is add on cards and USB devices that let you to watch TV, schedule recording your most wanted shows, plus listen to the radio all on your portable system. The history of TV tuner devices dates back to the early 90s - but these devices has now gone main stream for laptops! TV tuners these days are low-cost plus packed with features for the multimedia enthusiast. set it up, and create the fullest utilize of its features. So bid your final good bye to that junky VCR as well as say hello to TV tuners for laptops.

PCI based TV Tuner Cards are the most well-liked plus utilized on desktop systems. They will fit in a free PCI slot and lets you watch TV on the desktop monitor with easiness. These cards are the cheapest options accessible in the sell. These cards are also packed by means of features such as FM tuners, Remote Controls, Time Shifting Capabilities, plus a myriad of other features. All these cards let you to capture live broadcasts effortlessly on a descent system in a variety of video formats. Some of these cards have an onboard hardware MPEG-2 encoding feature which make easy the load on the processor for on the fly video encoding plus provides smoother system performance. These cards are usually supported by Microsoft's Windows Media Centre Edition Operating System.

USB 2.0 Based TV tuners attach to a laptop through the USB port. These are the primary answer, but not the just answer to utilize a TV tuner on a laptop. But, for easy high speed video data to be moved from the TV tuner to the system, these devices work best with USB 2.0. If you have an old laptop with a USB 1.1 port (11Mbps), do not even think of buying a USB TV tuner. The bazaar for external USB TV tuners is red hot plus there are a multitude of options sporting various capabilities so that you be able to acquire that wonderful TV tuner for your requirements.