Thread: Freecom hard drive xs usb 2.0 1tb

Exclamation Freecom hard drive xs usb 2.0 1tb

hi can somebody please help me???
    my external works on emac it shows up all my stuff i have saved but doesn't work on pc.
    i tried using different ports, changing driver letter from e to t that didn't do anything.
    when i plug in the hard drive to xp it comes up with device is not formated would you like to do this now? i click no because i don't want to lose all my stuff, it then goes back to my computer and keeps repeating when ever i click on the device.
    have checked in disk management to see if device is online and healthy and it says it is. capasity is 931.51gb and says that all is available but i have 600gb worth of stuff on the device.
    WHAT IS GOING ON!!!
    please can someone help me :'(

re: Freecom hard drive xs usb 2.0 1tb

Mac and Windows both support the different format that is why EMac is detecting the external hard drive but Windows is unable as the format of the Hard drive is not supported by the same. I will advise to take the back of your data and after that format the hard drive with the windows format that FAT32 or NTFS. I hope this will work with the issue which you are going through.

The another suggestion is that you should create the two partition on drive one with having the support for Windows and another for Mac. Now when you connect to Windows it will be detect the partition for same and Mac will detect another one.