Thread: Nokia C7 firmware update

Nokia C7 firmware update

Very recently I have bought the new Nokia Mobile phone of series C i.e. C7. I have bought this phone a form Nokia Priority Center. But in the beginning it is working very well. Now days from last two – three days I am facing some strange issue with my mobile. My phone get hangs up and get restarted every time when I try to open the camera mode to click the photo and also when I am try to open music media player to enjoy the songs. So can anyone have any idea about this then please help me out of this. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you in the advance.

Re: Nokia C7 firmware update

These days this type of typical issue is now very common in the new Nokia series especially in the C5 series and now in c7 also. I think this is generally the Firmware problem. I just advise you to update your old Firmware with the new one. You just have to try updating the firmware by latest version firmware. I am not sure Nokia has launched any new Firmware for the c7 mobile phone. Also you can try to updating you’re software OR else you can reset your phone. You can reset the mobile by just pressing “*#7370#” key. The security code for the restore setting is “12345”. Before resetting just makes sure that you have made all the proper back up of the data. This is because in this process your mobile phone data will get deleted. I hope this will help you to fix your bugs.

I am also agreeing with the above post. This is may be the Firmware issue of the Nokia c7. C7 is the one of the smart phone recently launched by Nokia. The firmware update is quite important in the case Smartphone. Firmware is really helpful for improving the performance of the phone. It also brings some new features in the mobile phone. You can check the current firmware version. For checking your Firmware version of your Nokia Phone just by just dialing *#0000#.To update Nokia c7 firmware, you just have to download the it from the Nokia site and install Nokia software updater OR Nokia OVI Suite application in your PC. Now you just have to connect your phone in PC suite mode with your PC firmware, you can download it from the Nokia site and install Nokia software updater OR Nokia OVI Suite application in your PC. Now you just have to connect your phone in PC suite mode with your PC. Then when you will run the Nokia software updater programs it will search for the latest available updates for your model. If a newer firmware is available backup you data in to your PC and upgrade the firmware. Generally a new phone model is more prone to software bugs which get rectified as new Firmware come out. For example in case of C7 many users are reporting reboot issues. The latest firmware update is available in the market now days. And I am very hop full that there is a need of newer firmware will resolve this issue more easily.

I have gone through your problem. I just advice you to contact your nearest Nokia Care center. They will solve your problem. Now Nokia is also aware with this issue, so maybe they have some solution for that. These kind bugs are common in the all Nokia smart phones. I hope this information will help you to fix your problem. Thank you.

Thanks you all for your quick reply and this valuable information are more helpful for me. I have tried to perform all the steps that both of you have mansion above. I also have visited my Nokia Priority Center but them also not able to solve this problem. I am very help less now. I don’t know what to next. So can anyone have the solution about this Nokia C7 series bugs then please help me. I am just frustrated from these bugs. I am just frustrated from these bugs. Thank you again.

Nokia has very recently released a new firmware update for the Nokia c7 mobile phone series. The version this firmware is Version 07.20. In this new version of the Firmware has made some minor update which mainly contains enhancements performance. This latest version Firmware will fix all bugs that previous have in older Firmware. Remember before you update your Firmware make the back up of all the data because Nokia c7 does not have User Data Preservation (UDP). Following are the some important features of the new Firmware update version:
    • Updated version is very quick for video sharing.
    • It has all new updated Facebook application.
    • Improved browser speed and also the search speed also.
    • It also provided updated country and region maps plus in-device user guide.
    • Improved search.
    • Performance improvements.

This firmware may take some time to be available in your region because it has launched very recently. I am sure this will help you to fix your c7 bug issue. Do reply if not able to solve.