Thread: Lenovo X100e gets Locked up frequently

Lenovo X100e gets Locked up frequently

I have recently purchased a Lenovo X100e. Speaking about its functionality, i am not impressed. It is showing a lot of problem in the working of my new laptop. I was working on my laptop where i was working on office 07 and after some time i wanted to update my outlook cache mail box. Suddenly what happened was the screen started getting dimmed, the mouse and the keyboard where not functional at all and i had to re boot the system to work again. I have tried updating all my drives and also the BIOS but of no use. The problem continues, sometimes the system freezes after 10 minutes and sometimes it gets freezed after some hours. Now i am thinking of checking my hard drive. What seems to be the problem of my laptop? As i have tired my best to locate the problem but i cant so suggest me solutions.

Re: Lenovo X100e gets Locked up frequently

There have been many issues with the users using this product i.e. lenovo x100e. The freezing problem is mainly found during the updating of the outlook files where a large amount of data transferred from the server to the laptop. If you are using a Wireless LAN then i would recommend you to update the WLAN Card. This may be a reason for your system to get freeze even i had the same problem and the system used to freeze at regular intervals. After i updated the WLAN drive the system has not freezed yet. Just try out with this solution and let me know if you are system is working fine.

I think there is some problem with the operating system. If your using any windows 7 or windows vista. I recommend you to switch back to the windows xp it might work. If you don't want to go with this solution i would recommend you to upgrade the windows driver, download the windows updates only from the lenovo websites. I have heard about the new driver of the windows which is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver for the 7.11.1127.2009 version of the drivers. Just uninstall the driver and upgrade the driver with the new version. After doing this your system must work fine try out.

If none of the above solution works then i think that there might be some problem with the mother board. You can try probably replacing the motherboard. If you don't get with that the last option according to me is to send your laptop to the lenovo help center or have a talk to the lenovo technicians about the problem and they might get your problem solved or they will replace the system and send it back to you.