Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 BIOS dead

Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 BIOS dead

Few days back I was trying to flash my BIOS on my Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 laptop which has Windows 7 operating system. While carry out the flashing it suddenly showed BSOD about "Video" and then stopped working I waited for few minutes after which I just pressed the power button. But there was no sign of machine working again and not responding from that time from that time I am thinking the problem is with the BIOS that might have been dead but not sure. Please let me know what can be done to work with my laptop again.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 BIOS dead

Yes the problem can be dead BIOS as you have mentioned the scenario with your laptop. I think if possible just try to swap or replace the RAM sticks that might work in your case and other than this you can try to work it out the problem by going for the BIOS update but you should consult to laptop expert for the help. They will surely explain you about what is the problem and how you can resolve that or they will resolve it.

There is official website of Lenovo where you can have the solution for BIOS issue and have the updates for the BIOS. You need to just click on the below provided link and just download the BIOS update utility. There you have the instructions for how you can have the BIOS updates and how you can install them in your laptop I advise you to have the print for the same and then track the instructions. But for that you will require to make a bootable disk for BIOS update utility. But before going for the BIOS you need to know which version of BIOS are supported by your laptop and have the update for that version only. The link you have to website is - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=migr-67988

Problem is defiantly with the BIOS as the basic work of the BIOS is to load and start an operating system. When your laptop starts up, the first job done by and for the BIOS is to initialize and recognize system devices like the video display card, keyboard and mouse if you are using external mouse and hard disk. You can give a try just remove the battery and fix it again and see if you are able to start it again after that, otherwise just visit to the Lenovo service center and take help of them to resolve the problem.