Thread: BSOD problem on Lenovo Y560

BSOD problem on Lenovo Y560

I was having desktop with Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on it but with the advancement in technology I have now purchased Lenovo ThinkPad Y560 laptop. I have installed Microsoft windows 7 operating system with is the latest operating system developed my Microsoft company. From last few days I am facing problems with my Lenovo Y560. While starting the system there is a blue screen appearing on the screen and the system was not starting so I restarted the system and the same problem persist. I want a solution to solve this problem.

Re: BSOD problem on Lenovo Y560

If you are getting the BSOD (Blue screen of display) on the system then there might be a problem of RAM in the system. To solve the problem of RAM you need to remove the RAM sticks from the system and insert into the other memory slots. You can also replace your RAM sticks. Replacing the RAM sticks might solve the problem.

Suppose that you have installed some software or driver on the Lenovo Y560 which are not compatible with your system then in that case you need to boot the system in safe mode and remove this software. You can also use the system restore tool to restore your system. System restore tool will restore your system to the earlier stag. To use system restore utility you need to go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools and in system tools windows you will get a system restore utility.

To solve the problem of blue screen of display you need to disconnect all the devices connected to your system. Thus you need to remove the battery, ac power etc. now hold down the power button for a couple of seconds and then connect all the devices. After connecting restart the system again and check if the problem is solved.

When there is a BSOD error in the system then in that case you need to install the latest fixes for hardware and motherboard. Installing latest fixes may solve BSOD error. You can also add new hardware into the system which is compatible. You can also use some registry tools for scanning the windows system because there might be a possibility that the windows registry might be corrupted.

Suppose that you have installed windows 7 on Lenovo Y560. Before installing windows 7 you should check that all the basic requirements of windows 7 are satisfied. If the requirements of the operating system are not satisfied then there might be problems while using windows 7 because its requirements are not fulfilled. The requirements of the windows 7 operating system are given below.
    1. 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor is needed.
    2. RAM of 1 GB for 32 bit processor or 2 GB for 64 bit processor.
    3. 16 GB of the available disk space.
    4. Support for video card with DirectX 9 graphics including 128MB memory.
    5. Internet connection for downloading anything or surfing across the internet.