Thread: Random lockup in Lenovo T410

Random lockup in Lenovo T410

I am using the Lenovo T410 laptop from the last few months and it has started giving me problems. the think is that the laptop restarts on its own. I don't know what is wrong wit it but it is really not giving me continuous work. also in between any applications is running the system will stop that is it will freeze and gives me an error message saying that "igxpdv32.DLL: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER"and and only one option remains in front t of me to make it work is just restart it. Please help me in this issue and let me fix this problem.

Re: Random lockup in Lenovo T410

According to me you are getting this error due to the video driver. It may have happen that the video card driver of your system is corrupted or damaged. The thing here is that if this thing happens then the system then to restart at regular interval. So what you have to here is that uninstall the current video diver of the system and then install the new and updated for the same. Make sure that you will install the same and the compatible driver. I am sure that installing the updated driver will solve your issue.

I have gone through your case and it seems to me that there is the definite driver problem and if you want to check out for the same then you have to do the following steps:
    • First of all Right click on the “My computer” and select properties.
    • After that a property window will open in that you will find some tabs form that list you have to click on the hard ware tab.
    • Then you will see anew window having device manager in it just click on the same.
    • After click on the device manger and “Device manager” window will be opened and will show the list of the hardware programs that have been install on you r system.
    • So what you have to do in this case look out for the video driver and see whether there is a yellow question mark on it. If yes then you have to update the driver there itself.
    • These processes will not only help you to find the affected drive but also update it for the required cause.

I think there is a definite problem with the operating system of yours. So what you have to do here is uninstall the operating system. It may happen that some viruses corrupt the operating system that you are using and due to it the system will not work according to its task. So try and uninstall the operating system that you are using and install the fresh copy of the same or any other updated and the latest version OS. I am sure this will help you to get rid of the problem.

Well in this case I will suggest you to do the system restore, because it may have happen that some of the wrong settings are making your laptop to behave in this manner. So do one thing perform system restore that will restore all the settings and make you r system appears as it is a new one. I am sure that doing this will allow to fix the problem that you are currently facing.