Thread: E72-SIP and audio delay

E72-SIP and audio delay

There is a stoppage (-300ms) in the arriving audio stream at what time using the built-in sip client. I have spend days figuring out it’s because. Tried by means of a local sip registrar (e72--> linksys spa921, both on the same lan however the latency is the similar. pings on the way to the phone are in the 20ms range, as a result this could not be the cause of the delay. I have played approximately by means of the codecs g711 and g729 as well as jitter buffer settings, plus it did not assist either. my ending was that it have to be the nokia sip stack which set up the latency. after that I installed fringe and nimbuzz , similar latency once more.at last I wrote a simple j2me ping-like application on the way to check the socket connection performance to my computer, as well as each and every one the packets arrived in 30ms.
    Do you have any thoughts?Does anyone be familiar with if the engineers at nokia were smart sufficient building it possible on the way to focus the camera at what time the optical nokia key is disabled?

Re: E72-SIP and audio delay

I am having the similar problem. I have tested widely by means of 3G, as well as there is a visible delay in the received audio compare through the transmitted audio. Experienced using G729 as well as ilbc connecting on the way to an asterisk server, all public IPs, by means of good network circumstances. As well tried connecting straight by means of a SIP provider through the similar problem.Also Tried changing the jitter buffer, dipping it to 100ms however it does not assist much. It is as well attractive to note, that at what time the jitter buffer is put to less than about 60ms, the handset discards incoming calls through a 500 Internal server error as well as does not ring (by means of each and every one the Codecs I have tried).
    The delay is the main trouble, though. If the further party is on a cell phone, the added delay builds the phone not viable for usual conversations.
    I have as well tried Nimbuzz as a comparison, as well as the delay too appears there also.I have an E72-2 NAM, product code 0573646, firmware 22.007.

This is an attractive thread. Nokia SIP was functioning wonderfully on earlier models (such as E61, N95, E71) at the same time as I had on the way to give up using the E72 SIP subsequent to testing it on together 21.024 as well as 22.007 firmware versions for unpredictable audio as well as also that incoming calls are not functioning (at least on one of the services, by means of VoipSwitch SIP proxy registration).Are you speaking the latency trouble just happen on the inbound audio? I am thinking that people as well had problem hearing me by means of it during my tests as a result that the trouble was on both directions. That being whispered I did not calculate the genuine latency as you guys did however did attempt a few settings. I desire this could be solved somehow.

I am able to confirm it is presently the incoming audio. It is simple on the way to hear at what time you have one phone in each ear, you be able to clearly hear the audio from the E72's earpiece is deferred regarding 500-600ms at what time calling a call phone above voip, however you be able to hear the audio that is put on the air from the E72 to the usual cell phone is played support on the other phone with no delay. The wait is less at what time calling a local extension, however at what time calling a call phone the latency is pressed up past 600ms making chat tricky without talking in excess of each other.It approximately appear similar to there is some sort of hardware audio buffer in adding on the way to the jitter buffer that is waiting the playback of the received audio.