Thread: Nokia X6 setting default messaging application

Nokia X6 setting default messaging application

Hi! Guys, I have just fresh user of X6, before this I have not even used Symbian S60 OS. Before this I have brought the appliance known as ThreadedSMS because I am fond of seeing my text messages threaded as in chat form. When I have installed it, the original messaging tool still pops up message as I have installed ThreadedSMS. As well while, I select a contact menu and hope to send a text message,at that time also is uses the original application to send the message instead of using ThreadedSMS. Any other method available to set the, ThreadedSMS as default application for text messages. If you are friendly with solution then please send me fast.

Re: X6 setting default messaging application

As you are new user I want to give you idea of Nokia X6. It is a Symbian S60 v5 Smartphone which means can support all the Smartphone applications. In this phone you will able to change the settings of several applications. But in case of message you are not allowed to set some other application by default to open text. But for organization the contacts details you can use Ovi suite it is the easiest way to synchronize at least once in a week.

Hi! Dear I am using X6 from date it was introduced into the market. But I have no idea regarding what you are asking. But nearly I know all the features available in Nokia X6. I think there is no method or setting available that can be used to change the default setting of message. In order to see the message in the ThreadSMS you have to browse it manually to open. If are able to find the better solution then please let me know that method.

Yes, I am completely agreed with the above answer. There is no method to change the default setting of the messages. But I can tell you the method to disable the sms notification that pop from the original messaging application. But this will depend on the threaded sms function as I am using isms as my threaded chat application. When I receive a message the default application pop up ahead of isms announcement pops up. Though I choose the isms to read the message it is also read by the default application, for this you can choose to close the default notification after you have read the message with the new application.