Thread: Getting Audio but no video with VLC on ipad

Getting Audio but no video with VLC on ipad

I make the use of VLC player on the ipad. The problem I am experiencing is that while playing the videos on ipad with the VLC, I am not able to see any video, but can only here some audio from the ipad. I have tried to play video files of various format, but getting the same outcome with all of them. I have tried to reinstall the VLC player, but of no use. I don’t have any idea related with this problem, so I need you help. Thanks.
    Last edited by Looneytoons; 26-11-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Re: Getting Audio but no video with VLC on ipad

I think you are facing this problem because of the compatibility issue. So my suggestion would be to update the VLC software to the latest version. As of the latest version released by VLC is 2.1.0. SO try to update you software to this version and I hope that after doing the updating you will not face this problem again. The same problem was also faced by my friend and he also did the same thing of updating the software and it worked for him. Hope have helped you.

I have recently purchased apple ipad. I have loaded many video files in my ipad and for playing this video files i have decided to go for the VLC player, so now I am looking to install the VLC player on my ipad, so I need you help regarding this installation part. I have searched a lot on the websites but was not getting the proper steps for doing that. Does anyone there have any idea regarding the installation part? Please try to help me out. Thanks.
    Last edited by Antonio Muñiz; 26-11-2010 at 10:01 PM.

As I was also facing the same problem on my ipad while playing the videos. I have referred the solution of updating the vlc player to latest version of, so I will like to tell you that I have already tried it on my machine and it not having any effect on the problem. So I am no trying to make contact with the apple support team. I hope that they will be able to solve the problem. If I will get any success regarding this problem, then I will try to post it here.