Thread: How to Convert Video Files in MOTOROLA XOOM

How to Convert Video Files in MOTOROLA XOOM

I am having lots of a time attempting to convert copy digital movies (which are wmv files on my pc) in a playable set-up for Xoom. I have a program called "Any Video Converter" and will convert any format from one to almost any format out there. I have read many things as to what are acceptable / file formats to play by Xoom, but even when I make that file type (MPEG-4 or 264), the bitrate and all specifications and has instructed me, still does not play right on the Xoom. Everything is pixilated with fluorescent colors and only pieces of sound; you really cannot even make any images on the screen. A big reason I wanted was one of Xoom for me to load movies on it and use it when I travel. After all, is supposed to be able to watch HD movies on this thing, but how do we make movies here. Any help is appreciated.

Re: How to Convert Video Files in MOTOROLA XOOM

To 1280x720p at 30 fps, you can ascend to 20Mbps and XOOM Motorola should at a standstill be able to handle it. More realistically, in terms of at ease, you can escape with it and up to 4 Mbps with different degrees of quality. If you have little space, utilize 4Mbps. If you wish for something you can utilize are 10/12 Mbps. At a few point, but the higher the bit rate just result in lessening amounts of quality improvement. On the other hands, 20Mbps will possibly look as good as 15Mbps, but only more space. Ultimately, there truly is no single solution to all of the way out and may take some testing to discover the settings that work best for the content you want.

I seem forward to how this too. I cannot convert .Wmv videos of movies that I purchased at buying site and downloaded to my pc. They have purchased and attempted a catalyst for DVD. Not available. Badaboom2 tried. Not available. Does not recognize the audio codec WMA PRO film - and therefore not proceed. I tried to brake. Does not work. All ideas for movies to buy on purchasing site. Or is there a better place to buy movies and convert? WMV should be a fairly common type of files to convert. It makes no sense.

There is a program called DVD Catalyst is supposed to work fine for loading content in a Xoom. The developer seems to be an owner of Xoom and has been active with the community in Xoom site. Their site has a lot of information on how to get videos onto the Xoom and the application is full of presets for Xoom and other pills. This costs money (although there is a free lite version), but if you are interested in one click removal of SD and HD content will play on the device you may want to check out.

I utilized Catalyst to convert DVD movies for Xoom. It is very simple because it has a preset for Xoom. The majority of my videos are AVI. The trouble looks to be that AVI is like an envelope compared to a real video format. Therefore at times the current encoder is not compatible. Using Catalyst converts DVD video to a well-matched video encoder Xoom and resolution. I just newly place a full length in my Xoom for a trip and seemed and sounded well. It was a good thing to have to pass the time.

The device has no limitation of firm types of B-frames. So you can just put it in frames B and do not involve the presentation of that amount. If you are utilizing an encoding tool that utilizes frames B, such as QuickTime Pro, you must be able to attain the core profile encoding. If you are utilizing a lower resolution than 720 in order to encode more video length, you can leave with utilizing more tools (and tools Upper Main profile). However, the code becomes more complex and may need more experimentation to achieve satisfactory results.

Janet55 Guest

Well, for Motorola Xoom supported video/file format, you could turn to this Xoom column's list of "Motorola Xoom supported video format",
    and Im using a video conversion tool from Aneesoft, can work fine on my Xoom.
    Last edited by Harson.P; 01-07-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: External links removed