Thread: Gmail configuration problem in Nokia X6

Gmail configuration problem in Nokia X6

I have just buy new Nokia X6 specially for chatting and emailing because my most of work of office is on mailing but when I trying to configure my Gmail account in new X6 Nokia it’s unable to configure and its showing error message and go back. Is there any mode to resolve this or is there some new way I can set up Gmail addresses. Is there any other option or applications available that provide me chatting as well as mailing facility? Also please give me if any other setting for Gmail.

Re: Gmail configuration problem in Nokia X6

As per my knowledge it may be problem in your Wi-Fi connection because Nokia X6 is compatible with email accounts. I will suggest you some steps that are: 1) Use a nearer Wi-Fi connection at the time of the configure Gmail account on phone.2) For Gmail, go to Gmail first on a PC and go to the OPTIONS available on the right hand side of the page then Go to Gmail Options.3) click on “POP & Forwarding" tab.4) Click on the "Allow your Gmail! Mail to be POPed up " tab. Gmail is not POP3 enabled by default.5) Click on "Save Changes" on the session6) close your Gmail on the PC.7) go to email setup of Nokia X6 and configure Gmail with required information.8) Before recover of emails from Gmail, go to the Settings and then Connection Settings and make sure you are on Wi-Fi access, also check that it’s OK for both outgoing and incoming email.

I would like to suggest you some simple steps as follows :
    1. first check that you are in offline mode or not if you are in off line mode then make it online for Wi-Fi
    2. open Set up of e-mail , select the connection
    3. in case you are able to select the connection type which is configured in your Nokia X6 cell that means connection is provided by the network operator.
    4. follows the instruction as instruct by the phone menu.
    5. if you unable to click that means you have to get the settings from the network operator and configure in your phone .

As per my knowledge Nokia X6 is Gmail Mobile inbuilt with simple J2ME application which gives you facility to manage your Gmail account from the phone itself. You can study your mails and execute all the email functionality that you would normally do on the web-based interface. It contains the support for the touch screen phones therefore you can place the game and navigation keys to off in the Application Manager. This application is data capable and least possible data is used all the time you connect to your mailbox. Gmail Mobile App is very established and has a very fine interface. It’s Very convenient to use but still you are facing this problem then I will suggest you to go in customer service center they will definitely help out.

I have tried some steps for the same so you can also try this steeps :
    1. use POP settings rather than IMAP.
    2. In case IMAP not working then create temporary email account on the X6 that uses POP (e.g. Rediff ).
    3. click on settings of this email account in, Settings, Messaging etc., and change the settings of incoming and outgoing mail server ,user name and password to those of the real account that you want to utilize, e.g. change the Rediff.com to gmail.com, if the email you want to use is a Gmail account then you can ready to access now . If still having problem contact to service center.
    Last edited by BansiJ; 26-11-2010 at 08:10 PM.

First check that you are in offline mode or not, if you are in off line mode then make it online for Wi-Fi connection. Open Set up of e-mail , select the connection.In case you are able to select the connection type which is configured in your Nokia X6 cell that means connection is provided by the network operator. follows the instruction as instruct by the phone menu.If you unable to click that means you have to get the settings from the network operator and configure in your phone .