Thread: "Service not available" while connecting to social networking site in Nokia N8

"Service not available" while connecting to social networking site in Nokia N8

I have recently bought myself Nokia N8 and i am really happy to have it as it provide with great picture quality and have great interface to work with. Just two day back i try to connect to gprs in it from my network operator and when i tried to connect my phone to internet through gprs i was not able to connect to any of the social networking website i am getting a weird error as "Service not available" after which i am not able to connect though it. So I am still looking for solution because i really want to access social networking sites on my phone if anyone have solution for it please let me know the solution.

Re: "Service not available" while connecting to social networking site in Nokia N8

I think problem is with the gprs configuration which you have done in your phone that might be not proper done. I think service is not active for your mobile number because of which you are getting "Service not available" error is appearing while you trying to connect to internet while trying connect to any of the social networking website. You need to cross check with your network operator to see if the service is activated on your number and ask them for the configuration in your Nokia N8. And let me know if still you have any kind of problem in connecting to social networking website or other website.

Re: "Service not available" while connecting to social networking site in Nokia N8

As per my knowledge the problem can be with the authentication problem you are not still authorized user to use the website which you are trying to work with. The issue can be resolved by your network operator you need to contact to the them and explain your problem which you are facing while accessing gprs, i think similar problem will be happening when you are trying to connect any other website. Just contact service provider they will surely resolve your problem.

I don't think the problem should appear if you have already activated gprs on your phone the problem mentioned in above post with your gprs configuration can be the basic problem which may disabling you from connecting to internet. If you have faced problem few time then i don't think it is issue to look at the sever can be down at particular time when you are trying to connect the gprs connection because of which such problem is appearing. Other than this major issue can be with network coverage i think you are trying to connect to internet in place that have weak network coverage because of which you are getting such service not available error, try to move towards more network coverage area that might be the solution.

I feel the problem is with the network operator they might not have the sufficient network coverage because of which such problem is appearing. And you are mentioning that problem appears only with the social networking site then you might be not entering the proper URL of the website which you are trying to go for because of which the problem is happening and your network is not allowing you to access the site. You need to really visit to nearest network operator of your network so that they can help you to have the solution for it.