Thread: Can’t upgrade to Opera mini 5 in Nokia C3

Can’t upgrade to Opera mini 5 in Nokia C3

I have recently configured by phone for the gprs connection in it from my network operator for internet browsing and for downloading mobile application from it. But I am not happy to work with the default opera mini 4 which phone has, so I want to upgrade opera mini to another version that I have heard is opera mini 5. But I am not able to perform upgrade of opera mini 4 to 5 using my WAP browser for my Nokia C3 phone that is really annoying, so if anyone have solution for such problem with opera mini in Nokia C3 please let me know so that I can work with it.

Re: Can’t upgrade to Opera mini 5 in Nokia C3

Let me tell you that you can’t perform the upgrade for your default opera mini which is there in your Nokia C3 phone. Opera 4 is part of the Nokia C3 firmware and it is an incorporated application which come default with your open. Whereas Opera 5 is a separate application that need to be install special for phone. Your WAP browser is not the single way to install an application on your phone if you are not able to install applications using your browser then you can use the OVI suite or copy the application JAD and JAR files to your phone memory card. That will work for you but you can’t have the upgrade for default opera mini there in your phone.

Yes the solution provided in the above post is absolutely correct you can’t have upgrade for default applications there on your phone but you can install fresh and latest version on it in your phone. But here I want to add something that will be good for you is that there is latest opera mini version that you can install from the official website Opera Mini & Opera Mobile that is opera mini 5.1 and that works really great with your Nokia C3, so no need to worry about if it will run or not in your phone.

I don’t think there is any need for you to go for any kind of upgrade as you have default opera mini 4 that is special integrated in your phone and it is part of your phone’s firmware and you can’t upgrade that. Because if you are going for any latest version of opera mini as suggested in above post then there can be compatibility issue as different applications have different requirement for work environment. So first look for the requirement and then go for any of the suggested latest version.