Thread: Bamboo Pen Tablet not working

Bamboo Pen Tablet not working

Hello friends recently I have purchased this Bamboo Pen Tablet yesterday and when I connected it to use with my computer system, I found that it was not working. The problem was that although it was successfully showing up in the computer system as a new hardware found but when I would open the Ms Word to write something, the pen would not come up in the listing in short the pen icon was missing. So does anyone know how to activate this pen or how can I be able to get the pen icon such that it comes in the office application.

Re: Bamboo Pen Tablet not working

Hey why don't you go to the control panel setting and see i can find anything related to the pen options there, if you don't find it over there then go to the device manager and see if you will find it over there. Also, what you can do is on the device manager you should search for new devices and then see if it you could get the device in the search list. I hope that you find using this options.

Hey I would like top ask you that have you installed the drivers that are need ed to run this device and also to detect each and every hardware that comes with this device. If no then I request you to please install all the drivers that comes in the CDS with it or else you can download from the internet. Then after installing the drivers restart the computer to make the drivers to take full effect and then see if the pen shows up on the desktop. This should certainly solve your problem.

Hey you can follow these simple steps to make the pen visible on the Ms Office document that you want to write using the bamboo tablet.
    • Firstly, Open Word 2007 and then Click on Office button then go to Word options and select Customize.
    • Now choose Ink Tools Pens Tab by taping the arrow at Choose command from.
    • Finally, Add ink and pen icons by using Add button and once you have done click on save.

This will surely help you to get the pen visible and you will be able to write with it on the word document.

First of all before using the bamboo tablet verify whether you can work on Windows Journal using the bamboo tablet, to do this you have to follow certain steps they are as follows
    Go to the Start Menu > Select All Programs > Then Go to Tablet PC >and finally select Windows Journal. Once you do this there would be dialog box that will show the properties of the tablet. If you are unable to use the pen then update the drivers for it. It is recommended that you contact the manufacturer for which drivers to install.