Thread: Need help with audio Input in Lenovo ThinkPad T510

Need help with audio Input in Lenovo ThinkPad T510

I have just got this laptop for me. The laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad T510. I have not tried my full hand on that but when I tried to configure the Ventrilo on the laptop I was stuck there with an issue. I have seen that there are only two jacks there at the right side of the laptop and really do not know what can be done for that. I have seen that I can only have the plug the speaker in there and can have the sound from there but I have failed to find anything that can take care of the Mic that I have with the headphone of mine. I have searched for the port on all over the laptop but cannot find anything there. I did not know that it does not have the port for the Mic. Can you all please tell what can be done in this matter so that I can have the pot for the Mic on the laptop? Any help in the matter will be really appreciated and please try to make the things as soon as possible.

Re: Need help with audio Input in Lenovo ThinkPad T510

In my opinion I think that you should have checked the specifications of the Laptop on the same place. Well there is really nothing that can be done so that you can have the port for your MIC on the Laptop of yours. I think it is the design of the laptop and there is hardly anything that can be done. If could have been something related to the software then we would have tried for some thing else. Please try to do one thing. Insert the Mic cord in that jack and see if you can have the words to the destination. If that can be done then I will let you know what can be done instead. If at all that is not possible then I think that you will have to make some different choice for the laptop model. Hope that the issue is minor.

Please try to see the specification of the product that you are up for buying and please have a better look at them. I do not think that there is any issue with the laptop nor the issues is with the Headphone but the thing is that the jack that you all are looking at can be used for both. It is actually a single input for both the Mic and the headphone. I think that you will be required to have the headphone that has both this feature and the cord combined into the single cord and then only you will be able to have the issue solved. Hope that you will have the headphone since going for the replacement of the laptop does not seem to be logical and at the same time wise enough. Please let me know if you were wise.

I did really not know if that was the case with this laptop. Well I had been through the specification but have not noticed this part of the laptop. I had thought that the laptop will be having the Dual Jack for the Mic and the Headphone. From the next time I will really take care of this thing. In addition to all this things I also want to tell you all that I even think that it will be wise to have the headphone instead of some other laptop. I want to tell you all that the headphone that I have is really nice and I do not want that to be replaced is there anything else something like adapter that can take the dual input and can offer the single output to the system. I think that it will be best and the most wise thing to go with. Please let me know if there is something like that available. Thanks for replying to the previous post of mine and coming with the solution soon.

Yes it is true the jack that you all are discussing here is a 3.5 mm/4-contact combo microphone/stereo jack. It is exactly the same as those are present in the iPhone or say the Blackberry or some other mobiles. This is really the best thing about this laptop and was highlighted in the specification it is really sad that you missed on this. Well for the solution in your case I think that it will be nice if you can have the Speaker and Headphone splitter for you and you can have that from the BELKIN. I think that it will be able to serve you in a much better manner. Just have a try on that and let me know if you were able to have the Combination via the Speaker and Headphone splitter in your progress.

I think that it will be wise if you can have the PC Headset to Phone Adapter Dual 3.5mm to 2.5mm from the eBay. As I think what has been suggested above is not for the case that you are looking for. As I have seen on their site that this product is only for connecting two mini-stereo headphones or speakers to the same jack on your iPod, portable cassette, or CD player. So I think that going with this product will be not a wise thing to go with. You can have the product that I am talking about for nearly $3 and I am sure that it will serve you in a much better manner. Have it and let me know if that really helped you to configure the Ventrilo on the laptop. Looking for the positive response from your side.