Thread: Nokia C5 restarts automatically

Nokia C5 restarts automatically

I am using Nokia C5 from last 5 months and never faced any problem with that. But from yesterday I don’t know what happens to that, it is getting restarted automatically. This happens on every 2 to 3 hours. I am not able to use my phone. Nokia is one of the trusted brands for mobiles and I don’t aspect this from them. When the first time it happens, I was just accessing the gmail from my phone. I am telling this because may that is the root of the issue or it may help you give the proper answer for this.

Re: Nokia C5 restarts automatically

It may be the problem with the firmware that is installed in your phone. If you are using the outdated firmware then also it can cause the issues like this. I think that you need to flash your mobile with the latest firmware available. If you want to check that which version of the firmware your phone is using currently then you can type the code *#0000# from your keypad and this will show you the version. So try to upgrade the firmware version and see whether that helps you or not.

Do you have memory card inserted in your phone? I am asking this to you because there may be bug in your memory card and that creating the problem like this. If you want to check that then just remove the memory card from your phone and try to use the phone without memory card for the day and if that it does not show the problem for the whole day then this point that the problem is with the memory card. You can connect your memory card to your phone and format that completely. After that, connect that to your phone and this will not happen again.

I have a doubt for the newly released models that whether they have the option for reinstalling the firmware. If your mobile model has UDP as Nokia C5 has then it is useless to install the new firmware. The most usual issue for this is the old or the faulty SIM card. You should contact your service provider and ask them for the new SIM card. You will get the same number with the new SIM.

You can try the solutions given above and if that is not helping you then you can do a reset to your phone. Go to the settings and click the option for Restoring phone to factory settings. When you click on that then it will ask you for the password. You have to give it as 12345 and press OK. This is the default password for all the Nokia models and if you have changed that then you can provide the changed password. After that it will do the remaining things on itself and will not need you to do something. Once it completed the process then it will restart the phone and this will set all the things to its default value. You can also do this by just typing *#7370# and it will start the thing from asking password.

Note that it will delete all the data from the phone memory including the contacts. So you should take the backup of all the important things and contacts from phone memory. Make this the last option to solve the problem.

As you told that you are using this phone from last five months and if you have bought it new then you must have the warranty card for this. Check whether it is under warranty period or not. If that is under warranty then you should not try anything from your side because you may create more problems with it. Just let this to the dealer and if he is not able to help you then you can send that back directly to the Nokia and they will fix this issue for free as it is under warranty. This is the safest way to do get it resolved.