Thread: How to lock Nokia N8 screen during call

How to lock Nokia N8 screen during call

I like the Nokia N8 phone but there is only one annoying thing in that which I think is only negative point for that phone. Most of the times when I make the call the screens keep on and buttons on that get pressed by my face. So sometimes it ends the call also if the cancel button is pressed. Sometimes it turns the loud speaker on. Do you know any solution for this? And if there is any software or setting that can do the thing then please let me know that also.

Re: How to lock Nokia N8 screen during call

I think that the proximity sensor is not working properly on your phone and that is creating the problem for you. I know this because it was the reason when one of my friend was having the similar problem. The best way to resolve is to get that check to your nearest Nokia Care point. You can find the Nokia care by the following link.

If you are from UK then click here.
    If you are from Europe then click here.
    If you are from Asia-Pacific then click here.
    If you are from other than this then click here.

Just select your country from there and go to the support section. After that, select the option for repair.

I am also facing the similar problem with mine. I have already searched for all the possible solution but nothing helps me. Until you are not getting the proper solution for this then you can do one thing. Whenever you get a call then scroll the lock button before answering the call. This will lock your screen and will not disturb you during the call. I am doing the same and hope I will get the permanent solution for this soon.

You can do a simple finger test to check the problem. First of all call from any other phone to your phone. When it rings the bell then answer the call and touch the proximity sensor from the figure. This should make the screen off. After that you have to move your finger away from the proximity sensor and see at what distance it came up with the screen. If it comes at 8 to 10 mm then it is not having any problem but if you find that it came up only with the distance of 1 to 2 mm then it is having the problem. Do this test and this will make you sure that whether you have problem with the proximity sensor or not.

I may be wrong because I am not using the Nokia N8 but I am not able to understand that how can be this possible. I am using Nokia 5800xm and never faced such problem with just about 1 cm thresh hold. Normally when we hold the phone then it touches the ear along and the lower end stay away from the cheek. Even if the thresh hold is not more than 5 mm then proximity sensor should not have any problem. But if you are holding the phone in some other way like lower end touches the cheek then you may face this problem.

I think that upgrading to new firmware may solve this problem. I am saying this because it was the same problem with the iphone4 when it was running the 4.1 firmware but upgrading to new firmware solves the issue. So my suggestion to you is to check for the latest update available for your phone and if you are using the old version then you should upgrade to new version.