Thread: Nokia C5-00 and skyfire

Nokia C5-00 and skyfire

I want to have the skyfire phone browser for me and that too I want to have it on the Nokia C5-00. I tried installing the skyfire on the phone but for some reason I have found that it is not getting installed on the cell phone of mine. What can be the probable reason for this? I will be really happy to have the explanation on this. It will be even better if you all can tell me the place from where I can have the skyfire for me.

Re: Nokia C5-00 and skyfire

If at all you want to know the place from where you want to have the skyfire for you then I think that there is no place as good as Nokia OVI store. I think that is the best place where you can have that for you. Please have all the things that you want from the Nokia OVI and I think that they will provide you the best they have at the moment with them. They will provide you the best and the compatible product that you are looking for there.

I do not think that you can have the skyfire for the Nokia C5-00 at all. I have already tried the same thing for the Nokia C5 for me and when I tried asking for the skyfire there and they told me that the skyfire here is not at all available for the Nokia C5-00. Well this is the thing that I have already tried for and hence I will suggest you to visit some other store instead. Well at the moment I am trying to digging out what can be the probable reason for the failure of the installation of the skyfire is. Will let you know soon once I will have that for me.

It is really true I have even seen the same issue here. As far as I know I have seen that the skyfire is bound to work on the E71 and I know only one thing that the C series was launched after the E series and hence I think that it should have worked in this case instead. I have seen the following things here in the specifications and would like you to see the same as well:
    C5-00
    • S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2
    • Symbian OS version 9.3
    • Voice commands
    • Active Idle
    • FOTA (Firmware update Over The Air)
    • Size: 2.2"
    • Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA)
    • Up to 16.7 million colours (TFT)

and for the E71:
    • S60 3.1 Edition, Eseries
    • Symbian Os 9.2
    • Size: 2.36"
    • Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA)
    • Up to 16 million colour
    • TFT active matrix (QVGA)

It will be great idea instead to ask the Nokia Tech Support for the skyfire here. Please ask them to clear the matter here and see what they suggest you instead. I have even seen the same things regarding the skyfire and the Nokia C-Series and will be happy to have the official words from their desk. Please let me know about the same soon and will be happy to have the words soon. Hope to have the words on the faster rate.

I think that there is really something wrong in the cell phone of yours. I have the cell phone in my case and even have the skyfire for me. In addition to that I also want to say that it is working pretty fine in my case. Well I did not go to the Nokia OVI for this but have taken it from the other side and will suggest you to have the same. If you have the trouble in installing the skyfire on the cell phone of yours then you can perform the Hard Reset on this and then can move with the installation of the skyfire in your case. Try for what has been suggested and see if that can help.