Thread: Strange behavior by Nokia N8 power meter

Strange behavior by Nokia N8 power meter

Yesterday, I was just noticing the power uses for my Nokia N8. You can get the percentage of the battery by clicking the battery icon on the home screen. I charged the battery to 100 %. I used mail, WLAN, facebook and some WebTV on the phone for about 4 hours and still that was showing me 100%. Then at the evening when I checked that then it was 70% then it suddenly dropped down yo 30% and after half an hour it drops to 20%.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing the same non-linear behavior? Please suggest me the solution for this if you have any idea about this.

Re: Strange behavior by Nokia N8 power meter

This is very knows problem the Nokia phone IMO. I don’t know the exact solution for this but you can try one thing, just use the phone till it drops to 0%. I mean that it get switched off on itself. Once it get switch off then you have to fully charge the battery again to 100 percent. See whether it results the same after that. Meter may re-calibrate on itself after this. I hope this time it will show you the exact reading for you.

If you are getting the total battery time for 2 to 3 days then why are you worrying for the percentage that it is showing you. It may be the problem with the operating system on your phone and that is why you are getting wrong readings. So my suggestion to you is to ignore that readings and continue to use your phone.

There may be some problem with the firmware that is installed in your phone. It may be outdated and that is creating the problems like this. What you can do is, check the firmware version that you are using. You can check that by the code *#0000#. Just type this code and you will get some important information along with the firmware version. If the updated version is available then you can upgrade to that and this will solve the issue.

The best way to solve this issue is to let your phone to the nearest Nokia service center and ask them for the issue. They are the people who know that what can be the exact problem and can it be solved. They solve many cases like this in a day and I am sure that you will also get the exact solution for this from them. This is the best and the safest way to get out of the problems like this. If I face any problem like this for my Nokia phone then I do not try anything from my side and instead of that get contact to the Nokia care.