Thread: Nokia C5 asterisk problem

Nokia C5 asterisk problem

I have the cell phone from the Nokia. This time I have the one from the C series. Well I think that w as the mistake that I had made in my case. I think that the Nokia Company has made a buggy series this time and hence I am able to see lots of threads and users complaining about the number of bugs with the cell phone. I am also one of them. My issue with the Nokia C5 is that I can see the asterisk sign in the cell phone. I really want to have the solution in this matter and will be really happy if you all can make this thing on the faster rate. I do not know why the asterisk sign here is on the cell phone and will appreciate a complete explanation in this matter. Hope to have some words from the other side soon.

Re: Nokia C5 asterisk problem

Well the asterisk sign that you are able to see there on the cell phone really works like a notification and I will be happy to make the things pretty clear. The asterisk sign that you can see is to tell you that you have a missed call from the sender or you have received a Text from the sender. Well it is not a bug it is the feature and I think that you should appreciate that instead of criticizing the same. The Asterisk sign that you are able to see and that is irritating you will vanish one you will notify the things. You will have to check the Call or the Text that has brought the asterisk here and then you will be out of the circle of the Asterisk. Well make a move in there and I am sure that the sign will go after the Call or the Text is notified.

I am also in complete agreement with what has been said above and hence I think that you should do all the things at the first and then blame the product with all the strength that you have got. Well it is not at all false that there are issues with the C-series of the Nokia but it is the part of the development and it will get rectified as soon as the new errors will come in line. I have seen that the Nokia will be releasing some of the updates that will take care of the issues that you all are facing at the moment and hope to get the updates soon. I will let you know about the release or you will come to know about the release once it will be declared officially. The thing that you have mentioned here is not a bug at all and the update that will be released is not for this case. Well if at all you have any other issue you will be able to have that rectified with the same.

I have the same issue with the Nokia C5 in my case and the thing is that it simply does not go even how hard I try to get rid of that. Even if I check the notification for the Missed Call or the Text I have seen that the Asterisk sign simply does not get vanished. I really need to seek help in the matter as I want to confirm that the asterisk sign goes only when I perform the reboot on the phone. I really want to have the suggestion on this thing and will be happy to have the words for this as soon as possible. Please let me know about the release of the updates that you were talking about as I do not want to miss on that thing at all. Please keep me in touch in the case so that I will not miss for that, and is there anything that you all can suggest me in addition to this so that I can have something to try with. Hope to get the suggestions soon in the case.

Looking at the scenario that you have presented here I think that you will have to go for the Reset of the Cell Phone and here it is that I can suggest you. On the first note I will suggest you to have the back up of all the data that you have on the cell phone so that you can have all the things if some thing terribly goes wrong there. At the first try for the Soft Reset. The Code for doing the Soft Reset is *#7780#. After that you will be able to see that the Soft Reset is progressing here on the cell phone. This is the first thing that I would suggest you here. The second option that I would suggest you to go with is for the Hard Reset and the code for the same is *#7370#. Perform the Hard Reset only if the Soft Reset does not work and if that works then it is advisable that you stop at that step there. In addition to that you can also go for the Total Reset and for that you will have to enter * + 3 + Green Button. These are the things that user can try before moving with anything else.

Well going for the Reset is the second last option and I think that it will be nice if you can have the other options tried on the first note. Have you tried clearing the Call Log.? Before going for the Reset option I think that it will be great that you go with the Clearing the Call Log first. Please check this and I will be happy if you can have this small trick going well in your way. Please make the post of yours again if that helped really.