Thread: Acer Aspire 5810TG laptop freezing

Acer Aspire 5810TG laptop freezing

I have facing some annoying problem with my Acer 5810TG laptop. Since the first Windows boot, I have experienced the freezing problem. It takes a long time when I just try to copy a file or browse in Windows Explorer. When I go to Task Manager I can see the CPU usage goes to 100% and it doesn't goes down unless I reboot the machine. I am now blank and don't know if this problem is related to hardware or software. Is there anyone who can help me to resolve this problem? I am under Windows Vista.

Re: Acer Aspire 5810TG laptop freezing

I think your system is infected with some virus which is causing the freezing issue. I would recommend you to install a good and upgraded antivirus and scan your computer completely. I would recommend to go with MalwareBytes Antimalware which removes any kind of infection from your computer. MalwareBytes is one of the reputed malware remover application on the internet. If you want then you can also go with Kaspersky on your system and perform the complete scan with the latest virus definition. If this doesn't work then it is better if you perform the scan in Safe mode.

This may be the problem of system configuration or may be related to resources damaged or confiscated. To remedy this, go to Start, type msconfig and press Enter. Go to the Startup tab. Tick mark "Disable All" check box and click on Apply and then OK. Reboot your computer and see if you experiencing freezing problem. If so then go back to msconfig - startup and then check the first element, click on Apply and then OK. Reboot your computer and retest it. Repeat this procedure until the freezing problem reoccurs. I hope you know what is causing the problem.

I suppose the problem lies with your operating system rather than any hardware issue. Windows Vista users had experienced a lot of problem since the first day itself. It is considered to be the buggiest OS from Microsoft until now. If you have Windows Vista setup cd then you can go on with a clean installation of it and see if that works. If that doesn't solves your problem then you can even upgrade to Windows 7 which is stable version and doesn't freezes at all. You may also need to check the compatibility of the software that you are running with the your operating system. It may be one of the reason why your system freezes over time.

It may even freeze if your laptop is getting too hot and is unable to release its heat from inside. Generally laptop releases its system heat from keypad and chassis but if there is no room left to release heat from these areas, the processor gets heated a lot and gets frozen at the end. It will get back to normal condition only if you reboot your computer. To solve this problem, make sure there is enough space left for the laptop to discard the heat. Never keep the laptop on your laps or bed. Also make sure you don't have a cover on your keypad that can prevent heat to be released. If that doesn't work then perform a system restore and see if it helps.

I have tried all these things but still nothing solves my problem. I have already scanned for viruses but I didn't found any solution. It still freezes. I went through the method of msconfig but that too didn't worked. I don't know if Windows Vista is causing the problem but it is not possible for me to format and install Windows 7 to find out the culprit. I would prefer some other solution to this problem. The system is not at all hot enough that the freezing could occur. I think I would have to take the laptop to Acer team and see if that helps. Lets see if they can help.