Thread: Lenovo x300 with Windows Vista Business Edition Freezes.

Lenovo x300 with Windows Vista Business Edition Freezes.

I own a brand new ultra model Lenovo x300 laptop which is running Windows Vista Business edition with Service Pack 1. With this Think pad I got all the Think advantages that I have never thought before. Currently only one symptom is freaking in my laptop and that is freezing issue. In a weak more than 3 times my system freezes without showing errors and warning messages. Once it freezes there will be no mouse movements and other response. The only thing to get back it to normal position is hard-resetting, i.e. cutting the power. My computer runs nearly or more than 10 hours a day. While I am in work place I don’t want these unnecessary things happen into my laptop. Now this issue is affecting the performance of my work. I lost several data for which I have applied my precious time. I am very disappointed now and somehow I want to get rid of it. I don’t want to buy other expensive laptop now. It is out of my effort. So any help will be appreciated if it is really solvable.

Re: Lenovo x300 with Windows Vista Business Edition Freezes.

For me it seems to be that OS installation problem in your computer. If it is so then re-install the OS using retail CD/DVD or repair the OS using recovery DVD. Also try to run the windows in safe mode. Resetting of CMOS battery will also work. If the BIOS is out of date then update it as soon as possible. If the Service Pack 1 is causing this problem then upgrade it to next version if available. Missing in component or some of internal hardware drivers will also cause the hangs and freezes without noticing to the user. check in system device manager for any yellow marks in installed drivers.
    Last edited by GracieSingh; 26-11-2010 at 11:09 AM.

If there is HDD issue like bad sectors then you must have to change it. If the HDD is running out of memory or low on memory then free some space to speed-up the system. If you have used dual boot in a single HDD inside a single partition or drive then also it affects. What is your current antivirus program? Some antivirus program slow down the system when their scanning in progress. At that time the laptop seems to be freeze. But actually the antivirus was handling some serious task at that time. When there are some compressed files in the system then the scan takes much time on that to ensure whether it is a good program or malicious program.

Try the different power setting using the control Panel in vista. Also check the battery power cord, adapter and socket. If there is any disturbances in power supply them the computer hangs itself. If the adapter is not going to fix in the socket then the power randomly changes from direct power to battery. Usage of third party power adapters and batteries are not allowed in Lenovo X300 or others series. The majority for system freezing issue occurs when there is lot of processes, data for CPU or Memory, and the system cannot take it. At this time you will need to end some of unwanted processes manually.

The Vista requires high RAM capacity than other OS. I don’t know why the developer has done this way. In order to gain more performance without any interruption then you will need at least more than 2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista Business Edition. I think the 2GB is vista’s minimum requirement. The recommended memory is more than this. Install the different version of OS other than Business edition. I think that your hardware configuration is not matching Windows Vista Business Edition.

If your computer is freezing every time when you are at some important work then download a program called PC-DOCTOR. This software will check any errors or faults in your system. It also checks the motherboard, memory, GPU, HDD and other components. It will test them for any errors or faults. Also regulates the memory test, CPU usage etc. If you have installed two antivirus programs in a single computer then also system crashes regularly.