Thread: Wi-Fi problem in Nokia N8

Wi-Fi problem in Nokia N8

I am having Nokia N8 with its advanced features such as FM, Bluetooth, 12.0 megapixel cameras etc. I am having an office Wi-Fi network. While connecting to my office Wi-Fi network I am facing the problem. My connection is lost. I want a solution for this problem and also give me the steps for configuring wireless LAN.

Re: Wi-Fi problem in Nokia N8

Wi-Fi is easily configured in Nokia N8. First you should check how your device wants to connect to the internet. As soon after defining the connection it will automatically connect to an available known network. Selection of network which your device wants to connect is based on the connection settings. To set the Wi-Fi network you need to follow the below steps.
    1. Go to the Menu.
    2. In the Menu, select settings and connectivity and then select settings.
    3. Select automatically switch to know wireless network.
    4. Select switch to WLAN and then select WLAN only.
    5. You can also connect to WLAN manually by using WLAN wizard application.

You can configure and connect to your home network by using the following steps
    • Suppose that you have selected switch to WLAN from Menu > Settings and Connectivity > Settings. When you are in your home network select “data use in home network”.
    • Now you need to use packet data connection in your home network by selecting data use in home network and then click on automatic. Now you need to select data use in home network and then select always ask.
    • To connect to WLAN select menu/ Settings and Connectivity/WLAN. Select and hold down your home WLAN from the popup menu.
    • If you want to secure your home network then you need to enter the passcode. If your home WLAN is hidden then select other and enter the network name.

Thanks for giving me the solution. I have successfully followed each and every steps and I was able to connect to my WLAN at home network. While connecting to the WLAN network last night I was facing problem. The connection was breaking in between. Due to this connection problem my web browsing was also stopping. I want a solution for this problem

While using Wi-Fi network you should always check that there is no blocking between the mobile device and your Wi-Fi network. Connection to Wi-Fi network can be easily lost if there is blocking. Before connecting to Wi-Fi network check that there is no blockage and then try to connect. You can connect and use your WLAN very safely if there is no blocking. Also when using WLAN some security mechanism should be used such as encryption.

You can follow the below steps to connect outside the home network:
    1. After selecting switch to WLAN you need to select “Data use when roaming” and then select always ask.
    2. Set the device to automatically connect and you have already selected Data use when roaming and click on automatic.
    3. The WLAN wizard will open which will connect your Nokia N8 to WLAN and manage the WLAN connections.
    4. You can secure your WLAN connection by encrypting method. Now you can use connect to public WLANs in public places when outside the home network.
    5. Select the desired WLAN connection from Menu /Settings and Connectivity /WLAN and Start web browsing.