Thread: Bluetooth device problem on Lenovo r61

Bluetooth device problem on Lenovo r61

I am having Lenovo r61 with windows vista operating system installed on it. Also I am having Bluetooth device so that I can share data between Lenovo r61 and my cell phone. Whenever I try to connect my cell to the Lenovo r61 with the help of the Bluetooth device for sharing data I get a message that you need to install Bluetooth device driver. After installing the Bluetooth driver, my Bluetooth device doesn’t works. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Bluetooth device problem on Lenovo r61

If your Bluetooth device is not working then you after connecting it into the system then you might need to install the driver for it. After the installation of driver for the Bluetooth device the Bluetooth will work efficiently. After the installation of driver for Bluetooth device if it doesn’t works then there might be problem with the driver. Either you might be installing wrong driver or you are not following the correct installation steps. If you want that your Bluetooth device should work after connecting it into the system then you should have the appropriate driver also follow each and every steps of installation.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have downloaded appropriate driver for my Bluetooth device and installed it on my system. After the installation I have restarted my system, but when I plug my Bluetooth device into the system it doesn’t identifies and fails to connect. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and share the data between system and my mobile phone.

If you are having the Bluetooth driver installed on your system and after connecting the Bluetooth device if it doesn’t identifies then you can follow the steps given below so that the device is identified in your system:
    1. Restart the system, after the system restarts click on the start button and go to control panel.
    2. In the control panel window select Hardware and Sound. You will get a list of options in the hardware and sound window.
    3. In this option, you need to select the piece of hardware and click on remove button to remove it.
    4. After removing the hardware click on the add button followed by pressing the Reset button on the device.
    5. Click on the checkbox next to the device setup and ready to be found.
    6. Click on the next button and follow the connection dialog box to complete the setup.
    7. After the setup has been finished Bluetooth device will be detected as soon as you connect it into your system.

After connecting the Bluetooth device into the computer system, if you are having connection problems than it can be easily resolved. Go to Start/Control Panel/Hardware and sound. In the Hardware and sound window, select the Bluetooth device and then select options tab. In the options tab click on the checkbox next to allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer and press the ok button. Now connect the Bluetooth device onto the computer system and the connection problem will be solved.

Check to see if you have piece of software on your machine called 'ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate'. (You can look in Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs to see if it's installed on your machine.) In Start / All Programs, it shows up as 'My Bluetooth Places' but it's executing that 'ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate' software. It came pre-installed on my ThinkPad. It's a piece of Lenovo software that seems to override the Windows Bluetooth Devices software. (Just like Lenovo uses Access Connections to override the Windows Network Connections for wireless internet.) If you don't already have it on your machine, I think you can download it for free from Lenovo's website.

On my T61, my bluetooth devices will show up in 'My Bluetooth Places' but the Windows 'Bluetooth Devices' still says it can find any devices even though they're already connected.