Thread: Nokia e5 won’t show calling number

Nokia e5 won’t show calling number

I have already saved all my contacts to my phone and I have set the profile as "show caller’s name" but then also whenever someone calls me then it does not show me the number or name of the calling person. This is very frustrating for me and I want to solve this as soon as possible. If you have any idea about this then please post that here. I have already tried many things but all that were useless. Thank you.

Re: Nokia e5 won’t show calling number

If you are only able to see the “call” then it is surely the problem with the network. The most likely reason for this is that the caller ID is not activated for your account. You should contact the service provider for which you are using the SIM. Contact them and ask for activating the Caller ID for your account. Once they activate that then you will be able to see the contact name and number on your phone when anyone makes call on your number.

You may be using only phone or the SIM memory contacts and that is why you are not getting name for few contacts. Go to contacts and open the settings for that. Select memory in use and set that to “Phone and SIM”. This will access both the memory for contacts. Just give it a try and this may solve the issue for you.

If you don’t want to send out your own number when you are making the call to someone then you can do one simple setting for that. You have to go to Settings>Calling>Call>Send my caller ID and from there set this value to No. If you don’t want to do this manually then you can also contact to your service provider and ask them to stop this service for your number and set the settings to “set by network”. I hope this will help you in any manner.