Thread: Problem with Lenovo T61 battery

Problem with Lenovo T61 battery

Hello friends I am using this Lenovo T61 laptop for quite sometime now and all of a sudden, when I put my laptop on battery mode and do some computing task the battery gets low too early. So that's fine, I taught that the battery might not have much juice in it, so I decided to recharge the laptop battery and when it was 100% I remove the the charger and again put the laptop in the battery mode to do my work but within 10 minutes the laptop showed me that the battery is low and needed to be charged. I don't know why this happened as just 10 minutes before the battery was 100% but within 10 minutes it dropped to 20%. Can any one help me to know why this thing is happening.

re: Problem with Lenovo T61 battery

Hey when you finish charging the battery of your laptop did it showed that it was 100% or you just determined that it might be full and so you removed the charging. Also, if you were sure than I would suggest you that once you have done charging the battery of the laptop you must switch off and on the laptop and then see if it stays at 100% , if not then please recharge the laptop battery again and then again by following the same procedure check if it is 100%or not. Do this until the battery becomes fully charged and only then put the laptop on the battery mode and see if it works properly this time round or not.

Hey first of all I would like to ask you that what is the exact time since you are using this laptop. Over the years of using this battery the battery becomes weak and wont hold as much power as it would previously do. This suggests that its time to change the battery. Also, what you can do is that you must remove the battery from the laptop and then just keep in the dry air for sometime and then again insert in the laptop and then see whether this time around you are getting the problem solved or not.

Hey thanks guys for your quick reply, I would want to add on the information that I have given to you and like to inform you that I have brought the laptop just three months ago, so the question of battery becoming weak doesn't arises in my case. Also, I have tried out all the different approaches that you all have mentioned in your post but then also I when I put the laptop on the battery mode to work on it, the battery always show low even if the battery is fully charged. So can someone provide me with a solution to solve this problem quickly. I am eagerly waiting for the reply.

Hey in this kind of problem which you are currently facing I would suggest you to find the cycle charges of your battery. You can do this by going in the power manager under the battery information where you will find all the information related to the battery. If the cycle count of your battery is not that up to the mark then I guess that you have to purchase a new battery as I think that the battery that you are currently using might have got damaged and that is why you are not able to get the full use of your battery.

Hey this kind of situation was also faced by me and I was nothing left except to change the battery of the laptop, nowadays most of the battery are not that reliable and effective as it used to be, so this kind of problem is very usual for all the new kind of laptop that are available in the market. It would be better if you purchase a sony battery as they have the guarantee and also much reliable then any battery available in the market.