Thread: Email not stay connected on Nokia E5

Email not stay connected on Nokia E5

I am using the Nokia E5 from last 3 months. This is a good phone to use but the only problem that I am facing is with the GPRS or the gmail account. I have synced the gmail account as my primary email account on the phone. It helps me to give the real time email notifications. But the problem is that it is does not stay connected. Every time, I have to reconnect that from the mailbox. This makes the feature of email notification of no use.

Can anyone over here have the same problem? If you know that how can I make that connected then please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Email not stay connected on Nokia E5

I think that there may be some problem with the settings. You should check the settings for the internet. You should select always connected if it is set to “when needed”. Apart from this, you should also highlight the email bar option Account settings before sync.Just do this and this may resolve the problem for you.

Even if you have set all the settings properly then also it will not take effect. To make the changes to take effect you should restart your phone. After restart only the changes will take effect and you will be able to stay connected. Once again try to sync followed by a restart and this will do the thing for you.

I was also facing the similar problem earlier and was searching for the solution but not able to find the correct one and finally one of my friends told me to let him try. He did some simple settings and it did the trick. Here is what you should do to fix this:
    1. First of all go to Email/Settings/Your Mailbox/Account Settings/When to synchronise
    2. Set the following in that.

• Synchronize new updates - ON
    • Synchronization interval - 1 day
    • Weekday/Weekend Synchronization - On all day
    • Synchronization - Always Enabled

I wish that this will also solve the problem for you. Good Luck!!!

If you have the packet data then you will find one option in the settings called Packet data connection. You have to select that and set that to the option 'When Available'. Once you do this then you will remain in standby mode and if you receive any email then it will make the connection active and that email will be dropped to your mail box. In addition to that, you have to make sure that all the access point which is there under destination has 'Use Access Point' put to 'Automatically'.

You can try the above solutions provided and see whether that helps you or not? If that is not helping you then you can perform restoring the phone to its original settings. To do that, you have to go to the settings and the last option is for restoring. Click on that option. If it prompts you for the password then you have to provide the password as 12345. This is the default password for all the Nokia models. When it completes the process then it will restart the phone. This will set all the settings to its original value. After that, again try to sync the phone and see whether it solves the problem or not. But make sure that this is your last option if nothing helps you.