Thread: Lenovo Y560- excessive fan noise

Lenovo Y560- excessive fan noise

I have an lenova s10e as well as recently purchased Lenovo
    Y560.Approximately the similar problem as on my S10e. Fan continually going on as well as off still if the temperatures are low (HDD 31 degress, as well as CPU ~40). On my S10e NHC worked huge by means of the right ACPI Module as well as I was wondering if anybody has tried on the way to make a ACPI module designed for the U350. Fan performance as it is not satisfactory. It could possibly be "fixed" by means of a BIOS update, however experience by means of BIOS updates on the way to the S10 inform me it is not always that easy.

Re: Lenovo Y560- excessive fan noise

I had recently purchased Lenovo Y560 from the Lenovo outlet store. On the whole, a extremely inspiring machine for the money I just paid $400+tax for a SU4100 as well as 8-cell model. Fit as well as finish is not the best by means of a number of creaking on the lcd lid as well as a tiny amount of battery wiggle. However overall, the machine sense very solid. The battery life is amazing once I installed an SSD as well as clean version of windows 7. My battery life at the same time as browsing the internet as well as dimmest screen went from approximately 7.5hr to 11.5hr .However the fan noise is as bad as I panic the fan turn a few minutes subsequent to boot as well as stay on 90% of the time even at what time the laptop is barely doing something. This seems foolish on the way to me in view of the fact that my last 14.1 laptop by means of 2.0 GHz core duo as well as discrete graphics never turned on its fans until I am crunching numbers or gaming.

I am also having that fan trouble by means of a Lenovo Y560 as well as I remain searching the forum for Lenovo Y560 fan troubles however by no means establish a solution, as well as from Lenovos side not yet any type of reaction. Calling the customer support line did not help either, just subsequent to sending feedback to Lenovo all the way through their feedback form, they assure to forward the problem on the way to "the relevant team".
    I actually do not recognize why Lenovo does not solve this, for the reason that so many people are irritated by it or else still sending the laptop back as well as the fix appear so simple to me: just raise the temperature limits in the BIOS on the way to practical values as well as implement some kind of hysteresis. According to "Core Temp" my fan revolve on at about 37°C which is just too low!

What I am frightened of is that this may possibly not be a 'bug', however a characteristic. If this is a bug, Lenovo had abundance of time on the way to resolve it. I googled for 'Lenovo fan noise' as well as it seemed similar to most Lenovo notebooks with the thinkpads from years ago have tremendously antagonistic fan settings. Possibly this is the tradeoff Lenovo apply on the way to raise the dependability of the laptops. After that we require some user implemented solutions!I got the OCZ Agility 60 GB off eBay for approximately about $145.

I presently received the unit back as well as the technician who effort on the unit thought that my machine past all the tests they run on it as well as it was running between normal parameters. They state that the fan performance is characteristic amongst the U350 series machine in addition to that my bios were up to the current version which is 1CCN20WW.Of course I obtain the laptop reverse as well as it's still doing the similar thing.
    At what time I was running the 32 bit version of Window 7 it worked completely okay, just going on at what time streaming videos as well as processing further large files however would go off a couple of minutes subsequent to cooling down.Please assist us out for the reason that other that this fan problem I love the machine as well as the customers service has been very good.

I as well have the Fan noise problem. This is my second Lenovo Y560 , I return the first for the reason that I thought that something was wrong by means of its fan. At the same time as waiting for a new Lenovo
    Y560 , I found this. The fan noise pisses me off at what time I acquire on the way to the library or several other silent places. As well, the fan kicks up still at what time the computer is idling. My CPU temperature is continuously about 39 to 42 degrees (C) as well as the fan speed alters all the time. Usually I make use of the Lenovo Y560 at what time studying as well as the variation of fan noise split my concentration all the time. I as well suspect that the fan speed continually at full is eating too much battery. By means of Wireless off as well as brightness at lowest, Windows 7 says that I have more than 8 hours of battery left. As soon as the fan start to spin at full, my predictable battery time goes to about 6 hours.