Thread: Lenovo:BIOS Setup in Supervisor Mode

Lenovo:BIOS Setup in Supervisor Mode

Hi friends, I am having the Lenovo Laptop, in which I am unable to make any change any of the BIOS settings. Even though I had set the bootup password at one point. When I continuously press the Access IBM mode and the F1 key, I can enter in to the BIOS setup. It seems that, I am unable to change anything not even the date and time. All menus says that say "If any items require changes, please consult your system Supervisor." But in all the sub menus, up and the down buttons have no effects. Nothing works only the esc key works. In the long menu, such as the config or power, do up/down have the some kind of effects. They scroll but it won’t select any of the things. In the Restart menu, I can only confirm "Exit Discarding Changes" but choose none of the other options. I can’t understand what the problem is. Please help.

Re: Lenovo:BIOS Setup in Supervisor Mode

Try this when you start up the system, it ask you for the total of the three password that is the supervisor password, power on password and hard disk password. I was also having it and in my case all the three passwords were similar and 8 digits long. I was firstly asked for the supervisor password, in which I entered with the 7 digit password. I then had to enter the power on and HDD password which was only accepted in full length that is of 8 digits. You also try this. Hope it helps.

On my computer I cannot change the boot up sequence. If I want to change it then I need to get enter in to the BIOS as the supervisor mode. I am not very sure about the motherboard but most of them have the Jumper somewhere near the Battery. But there is doesn't seem to be any way of logging on as supervisor. I can only log on as user – no option to log on as supervisor. "Set supervisor password" is grayed out, as is the advanced bios features.. This can be set to reset the BIOS at its default. It seems that someone has set the password on the computer. Don’t mind just look at the documentation for the Mother Board and follow the procedure for resetting the BIOS.

To unlock the BIOS, first enter in to the BIOS system and in that go to the security option, in security go to the password option, lock the BIOS settings and then you may enter in to the supervisor password. And also when you turn the system on, press F1 when you see the message about pressing the Access IBM button. Then enter the supervisor password, and then the power on password if they're different and if they are the same then it will not ask, and you should gain full access to BIOS. Very important think is, your boot up password is more than 7 characters long and you may have the 8 character, type only the first 7 - you will be in supervisor mode!
    Last edited by Odalis; 26-11-2010 at 04:25 AM.

When you turn ON your machine, when you see the message about pressing the Access IBM button press F1. After that enter the supervisor password, and then after it power on to the password if they're different, if they are the same then it will not ask, and you should be able to gain the full access to the BIOS system. and also If you know your Supervisor password, start right there, in BIOS under Security. hope this work for you