Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 randomly shuts down

Lenovo ThinkPad T61 randomly shuts down

Hey, Whenever I am doing something not essentially anything taxating on my Lenovo ThinkPad T61 like using word of just surfing the web my laptop will randomly shut off with no warning. I know that the system heat is not the problem because I am monitoring it plus it is just around 39degrees. The battery cannot be the problem either because the laptop will shut down regardless even if it’s plugged into the wall or not. So please let me inform if any solution you have ………

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 randomly shuts down

It is most likely a problem with your motherboard. And if the problem is your motherboard then your laptop is pretty much trashed since that is the most costly part and the most critical part too .You be supposed to take it into Geek Squad now in case to confirm, but this has happened to two of my laptop in the past and the motherboard was the problem. You should just invest in a new laptop.

Hey even I am facing the same problem. It is connected to the main adapter. I don’t know what happen to my laptop but after working for a while it is shutting down irregularly. Tell me what I have to resolve problem related to this. I am getting frustrated… waiting for any reply……….

While the laptop is connected to the mains adapter and it shuts down for no reason and you be able to boot up again after a period, it would specify that you could have an overheating difficulty. Check the fan to observe that it spins freely and there are no dust clogging the fan and heat sink assemble, remove and vacuum the dust, if the fan is faulty, replace it.