Thread: How to connect the Dual-link DVI adapter on display port of T500

How to connect the Dual-link DVI adapter on display port of T500

Hello friends I have purchased the brand new Laptop T500 which includes 2 GB Ram memory, 360 GB HDD , and the processor clock speed of 2.8 GHz and it has Intel I3 core processor in it, and I m keen to connect this laptop to a 2560x1600 display. Do anyone know that where it is available to buy it. Does anyone know that how connect to display port as well as to get the installation process for that. Are this adapter are not just out for sale does anyone know how to installed the driver for the Dual link SVI Adapter? so please let me know to install this inside my laptop ? So please reply to my post? Thanks in advance for the reply.

Re: How to connect the Dual-link DVI adapter on display port of T500

Hello friend I think that the adapter cable is just released it is now easily applicable in most of the Hardware outlet . I think you can use this with the Lenovo display port whichever may be the series to Dual Link DVI adapter. I think it will work, but I have regular screen flickers -- sufficient to make it unusable. I believe that it is may be a hardware defect of that problem or a driver problem although it may not a cable problem cause it is working in my friends laptop properly. I m be very concerned to hear what anyone can able to find out from ATI. So reply to me for this quote.

As suggested in the above post though dvi adapter is use any series of the Lenovo display port. It is quoted that you need for the resolution of the 2560 x 1600. But it has some problem cause the maximum supported resolution for any of the external resolution is about 2048 x 1536 . So suggest you that it will not support your required screen resolution. So I suggest that check out whether it is supported or not once again.

Even though I'm running Windows XP inside my laptop, I still need to set video card to switchable in bios and it seems to work fine. This is with my lenovo notebook in Advanced dock, when the notebook lid closed- so no display on the interior of the LCD- just using external screen. When you first boot Windows XP setup, you will only get the display screen on one of the external screen. So you need to login to Windows, and go to Display properties and then right click Windows desktop select the properties menu and then select display settings- select the select the required device where you want to see. And then expand Desktop to this display. You will then have Windows desktop on the display screen. I don’t how to install the setup my engineer had install the setup. So anyone know how to install the setup of the 1300 video card so that I again able to see on the dvi adapter and formatted my pc again.

I can suggest you install the setup file of x1300 drivers you may have to unlock the laptop , cause you need to boot into Windows , relock the laptop again with Windows running and then run the installation for the prescribe driver. You will observe that the driver is still not look like to install , but your Windows will say that the new hardware found VGA adapter - I let it look for repeatedly for driver -locally as well as the internet connection - and it Windows finally found the X1300 driver and installed it automatically. This will help out to sort your problem.

Initially I had one exterior monitor on the higher dock VGA and one on the higher dock DVI, but the exterior monitor on the VGA was clearly less sharp - a small blurry next to the exterior monitor on DVI . By a VGA to DVI-N cable on the VGA port assist this quite a bit , but now that I have mutually external monitors on DVI-D through the x1300 gives most excellent display quality. The present display port on think pads can't maintain such a huge resolution... WQXG is the best it can gather as far as I can make out (i haven't myself tried it, because i don't have a WQXGscreen). You can attempt the Lenovo usb1 dvi converter in its place, every of them can sustain one WUXG LCD using one usb port.