Thread: Unable to find the network adapter for Lenovo r51

Unable to find the network adapter for Lenovo r51

I am using Lenovo r51 laptop and it is running Window XP OS. I am not able to connect my laptop with the Ethernet or even with the wireless network. I went to the device manager and there I was not able to network adapter. Previous to this problem I had downloaded and saved some drivers for Ethernet controller and also for the network controller, but when I am trying to use them then none of them are working out. Is there anyone who know that how to allow the new adapter to appear in the device manager? Please help me out in order to solve this issue. Thanks.

Re: Unable to find the network adapter for Lenovo r51

One of my friend had tried few fixes for solving the same problem, so i will like to advice you the same solution for this problem. I will advise you to reinstall the network drivers in your machine. If doing this does not solve the issue, then try to reinstall the network adapter in your system. After reinstalling the adapter now see if the problem continues. I hope that the problem will get solved out.

I have purchased an r51 laptop and I want to connect it to the wireless network. I am new to the field of computers. So I do not know how to install the network adapter in the machine. Does anyone there is having any idea related with the installation of network adapter. I am running windows XP OS on my machine and i have wired USB adapter with me. Please help me out. Thanks
    Last edited by Jay Scott; 25-11-2010 at 08:38 PM.

You must be having the software CD which came with the USB adapter. So first try to insert the CD in your machine. Now follow the manual instructions to install the software in your system. Go to the USB port which is available free on your machine. After doing that now try to connect the network cable to the network adapter and then plug the adapter in the USB port. Once you are done with that, now connect the other end of the network cable to your networking equipment. Now try to restart the machine and after the restart the system will try to detect and install the new hardware, once this is over it will give you the message that the installation is completed. So try this solution.

Even I am facing the same problem in my Lenovo r51 laptop. I am also not able to see any network adapter in my device manager. I have tried the solution of reinstalling the Ethernet driver and the network driver both, but still I was getting the same problem. I have also tried to reinstall the adapter, but even it is not solving my problem. So try to suggest some more solutions so that I can really solve it out. Thanks.