Thread: X201 tablet constantly looses the connection with the wifi

X201 tablet constantly looses the connection with the wifi

I have an X201 tablet and it is connected with the wifi internet connection. Is able to connect properly with the wifi, but it is now loosing the connection with the internet. The light indicates that the wifi turns off automatically; due to this I loose the connection. After that when I try to turn on the wifi by pressing the FN + F5 key on the keyboard, but it does not respond to it. Then when I restart the system and try to connect it again, then it gets connected and works fine till the same problem encounters again. I am now continually getting this problem and it is making me hard to use the internet. The problem is frustrating me a lot and I require you help on this issue. Thanks.

Re: X201 tablet constantly looses the connection with the wifi

Well this problem can be caused as the power manager might be deactivating the wifi connection after some time in order to save energy. So I will suggest you to check the power settings in your machine. Also the issue can be related with the wireless driver. So try to download the latest wireless driver from the Lenovo website and install it on your machine. I hope that from the two solutions which I have mentioned above at least one of the will be able to solve your problem. Try it out.

I am also using the same laptop and it was also producing the same problem with the wifi. I have tried to reconfigure all the network settings and wifi settings on my laptop and after doing this I restarted my system and then tried to make the connection with the wifi. It worked for me. I was really amazed with this success. So I will advice you as well to try the same solution for solving you problem. I hope it will help you out.

Thanks for the reply I have referred the solution given by 5parts and as you have mentioned that the problem can be caused by the power manager. So can you suggest me the method to the power management process? I do not have any idea related with this process. If you have any ideas related with this process, and then try to post it here.

For doing that first you will require to go to right click on my computer and in this go to the properties option. This will open a window and in this window you will have to select the hardware tab and go to the device manager. Then go to the wireless card and inside this go to the properties option. Here you will have to turn off wireless radio for the purpose of disallowing the power management process. After doing this you will not face the problem anymore.

I have tried your solution of disallowing the power management process by turning it off. Along with that I had also tried to reconfigure to the network settings and the wifi settings in my laptop. After going through all this fixes now the laptop is properly getting connected with the wifi and even it is not losing the connection any more with the wifi. I am really happy, as you have saved my time and money, so I will like to thank you for that.