Thread: Lenovo X61 tablet screen does not recognize the stylus or my touch

Lenovo X61 tablet screen does not recognize the stylus or my touch

I need you help with one of your queries. My Lenovo X61 tablet was working fine till yesterday and now I am facing some problem with the screen. The exact problem is that screen does not recognize the stylus or even my touch. I have tried out number of fixes for solving the problem. The fixes which I have tried are as follows. I have tried it by running different operating system. I have also tried to reinstall all the original software on my machine, but none of them was able to solve the issue. Is the problem with mu touch monitor or the problem is with the hinge? It is running on windows vista 64 –bit operating system. Please try to show me a proper path using which I can come out of this problem. Thanks.

Re: Lenovo X61 tablet screen does not recognize the stylus or my touch

I have gone through you problem and i have come to the conclusion that the issue is related with the LCD. This is because my friend was also facing the same problem with his machine and in order to solve the problem he went to the Lenovo support center and there they told that he is having problem in LCD. As for him the laptop was still in the warranty period, so he did not have to pay any money to the staffs for correcting the problem. If your laptop is also in the warranty period then try to take it to them. If your laptops warranty period has expired, then also there is no problem as they have post warranty extension. So try to contact them. Hope have helped you.

I have purchased this same machine before 6 months; I was having no issues while working with it. But now it is producing some problem related with the display. I was watch a video on my laptop and suddenly the display of my monitor went off and I was not able to see anything on my screen. Then restart the machine and after an hour or so the display again went off. I was really shocked with this issue and I was blank with no ideas in my mind. Can anyone suggest me the exact cause of this problem? Please do help. Thanks.

I think that the problem which you are facing is related with the display driver. So I will advise you to update the display driver and after doing the updating try to restart the system and see if it produces the same problem. If doing this does not solve the problem then try to reinstall display driver. I have tried the solution of reinstalling the display driver on my machine while I was facing problem related with my display and it had solved my problem. So I hope that it will solve your problem as well.

I have referred the solution of updating the display driver given by desilve and I tried it on my machine, but was not able to solve the issue. After that I tried to reinstalled the driver and after reinstalling the driver I restarted my laptop. Now there is no more problem while playing the video on my laptop. It was really a wonderful solution. Thanks for the help.