Thread: Deleting songs on Creative ZEN X-Fi not working

Deleting songs on Creative ZEN X-Fi not working

the ZEN X-Fi Style 16GB was working fine from past couple of months. The main problem with this particular device is I am not able to delete track by making use of music player. After deleting the track I have noticed decrement in the number of track. However as I am connected with the computer I am getting all the tracks. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Deleting songs on Creative ZEN X-Fi not working

Looking at the situation I am suggesting to format your player by making use of windows explorer.
    1. In case it does not work for you then you should try to format the player by making use of recovery mode. You should use ‘format all’ command for the same.
    2. If still the issue seems to be persisting than you have to remove write protection from the track by making use of windows explorer and after that player should be set to rebuilding procedure after disconnecting with the computer of yours.

Could be there is an issue with the firmware itself? So I am suggesting that you should try to reinstall as well as update the firmware of the MP3 player which you are having. After installing the firmware see that whether you are able to fix the issue.

Let me know whether your device is under warranty. If your answer is yes then I am suggesting that you should contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty. You have to see that the MP3 player should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty.