Thread: Nokia E5 headset issues

Nokia E5 headset issues

Very recently I have purchase the new Nokia E series mobile i.e. E5 mobile phone from a Nokia Priority center. It was very fun to using E5 mobile phone. All its applications, music player functionality worked fine. But the actual problem is encountered when I try to connect my headset is not functioning properly. Whenever I connect my headset to my Nokia E5 mobile phone and try to listen to a song or listen to the radio FM I am not able to listen the sound. Does anyone have any idea relating to my Nokia E5 headset problem? I don’t know what to do to get rid of this problem. Please suggest what to do in this circumstances.

Re: Nokia E5 headset issues

First you have to simply follow the basic thing after that issues related to your Nokia E5 will get solved. First check that you have inserted the headset in the mobile phone and you should have to insert it properly in the earphone plug. Once you have inserted the headphone in it, then there will be one icon pop-up at the top of the mobile phone. This icon will be displayed that the headset is properly inserted. If it is showing the proper icon then you will be able to listen to the music. If you are not able to see that icon at the top of your mobile then you will have to go to the service center for help because if you insert the headset properly and still it is not showing any icon on the screen then there must be some other hardware problem in that.

Thanks a lot Ceesar for your quick reply and this valuable information is more helpful for me. I have tried all the steps that you have mansion in the above post. But still I am not able to able to hear any song properly. I have taken the handset to the Nokia Priority center. I have waste my whole day for that. They have done some internal settings in the phone and at that moment my headset is working properly. But when I came back to home and try to insert the headset to check again it then again it gave me the same problem. Is that my hardware problem OR anything else problem? Please help me to solve my problem.

I think this kind of issue is not because of the software problem with the mobile phone. I think this is your hardware problem of your mobile phone. Just check that whether it is the the headset is having problem or the headset slot is having some problem. Also you just have to check the internal settings of the headset. First please try to check you E5 headphone with the other mobile phone. Or else if the phone is still not detecting the headset then the problem is with the mobile phone. Also you can simply use your friend’s headset and try to connect the headset in your mobile phone. If it is working then the problem is with your headset and after that you can just demand for the replacement of the head set if your E5 is still in warranty OR else buy a new set of headphones.

This kind of the headphone issue is generally common with the Nokia E series, especially with E5 series. To get through this you just have to execute following steps:
    • First you have to select offline profile before you plug-in the headphone.
    • After that you have to plug-in the headphone now.
    • Now you just have to open music player and have to play any song in it.

I hope this post fix your headphone related issue.

i noticed one strange prob wid nokia e5-00 headset
    since it is 3.5 mm jack headset it can be used for ur pc also
    it works fine for mobile but when i connect it to pc it gives sm strange o/p
    background music is clearly audible but for lyrics sounds like suppressed voice
    when that call receive key is pressed continuously then u can really listen to good quality music
    ...........sounds strange bt true
    i would like to know opinion of other guys

The problem is not with your headset, problem is with your PC's jack. It has been damaged or so. I am aware of this problem with many PC at my office. And the reason for the damage of jack is removing and plugin headphones again and again. You can check the headset by plugin it in the behind jack or vice versa. You will get proper voice.

Macold your problem is one I've just solved. (this came up when i was trying to fix it)
    Its due to different wiring.
    when you use it on a nokia its fine but on a pc its not being grounded properly because the mic wire goes to the ground and the ground wire goes to the mic and i guess when you push the button it grounds it properly.
    I dont even use these on my phone so i just cut it and switched the mic and grounding wires around and its works fine the button even works as a
    pause play button on my ipod
    you could solder up an adapter for pretty cheap if you don't want to wreck you headset. I can draw a diagram if you want.
    Last edited by tommyguntom; 19-02-2011 at 07:00 AM.

I just got the Nokia E5 and I love it! Except, I cannot seem to find another set of ear buds that will be compatible with it. I bought 2 different kinds, the phone pops up a message with ____ not supported.

Help I hate the ear phones the phone came with they hurt my ears.